• raza
    Triggered, not in the least. It just seems to ride on much of what has been suggested already, “collusion, blah blah”, and the trailer along with those typical media types seems pretty cheesy.

I am sure Trump has dealt with a mafia boss here and there from time to time. Those gangs have always and will always get their tentacles into everything.

Those same gangs interplay and do deals with the CIA, FBI, and the rest.

Where I specifically nail my colours to the mast is election collusion fantasies up against US voter preferences.
  • Arkady
    "The globalist Koch Brothers, who have become a total joke in real Republican circles, are against Strong Borders and Powerful Trade. I never sought their support because I don’t need their money or bad ideas. They love my Tax & Regulation Cuts, Judicial picks & more. I made."Rank Amateur

Perhaps most disturbing (not really) about Trump to me is that he apparently has no idea how capitalization in the English language works. Why in the name of all that's holy would one capitalize, for instance, "Strong Borders"? I understand the point of doing all caps for those items you want to emphasize (as annoying and childish such a thing is, I at least understand the point of it). But "Judicial picks"? WTF is that? POTUS has a grasp of capitalization on par with that of a second grader.
  • tim wood
    Donald J. Quisling.
  • S
    Yeah, that's the most comical part of the tweet for me. The rhetoric is reminiscent of May's "strong and stable". It's like it's screaming out, "Look at me! I'm Strong and Powerful! Please believe Me!". Napoleon complex?
  • praxis
    it is about as “documentary” as fako Michael Wolff’ “tell all” book.

Movie will go the same way, particular after th Mueller thing dries up. It’s merely designed for the midterms and then it will be a zero.
    raza

Speaking of "documentaries," you like this one, Raza?

• Relativist

Trump to me is that he apparently has no idea how capitalization in the English language works
    I wish that were the only gap in his knowledge.
  • VagabondSpectre
    The capitalization of words which have no earthly business being capitalized bugs the shit out of me. I see it quite often in writing that veers toward the "Spiritual". Here they capitalize words as if to say "these things are Real" (which betrays their lack of confidence). Trump however just capitalizes anything and everything he thinks is a good word, and as we've previously heard, Trump has the best words. Tremendous words. Words that are so good... Folks, nobody has ever seen words this good before. Everybody's saying it. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, wordsmith, great guy; amazing words. World class words, the best, and you know, he kept telling me: "China's taking all the words", and it's a disgrace folks. You won't believe it. (I should tweet about this....)

yVb0TkP.png
  • Relativist
    His capitalization is just one more way he hypnotizes his base. The capitalized words convey another slogan, or meme. It is (unfortunately) effective.

No rational discourse comes out of him. Don't play his game- respond by being rational.
  • Shawn

#Cages4Kids

???
  • Shawn
    Just who is this appealing to? Is his base that twisted?
  • VagabondSpectre
    I should probably have made it a bit more obvious, but I edited an image for satirical purposes :blush:

Scary how hard it is to tell the difference though...
  • Shawn

You scared me there for a moment. I didn't think things would be that terrible.

:fear:
  • VagabondSpectre
    Heh. I tried to think of a better known American villain than Jeffery Dahmer to make it more obviously satirical, but I couldn't think of anyone.

Again, frightening that my attempt at satirical ridicule and mockery is so hard to distinguish from the real thing...
  • Shawn

Oh, I'm just gullible. Haha.
  • Baden
    Again, frightening that my attempt at satirical ridicule and mockery is so hard to distinguish from the real thing...VagabondSpectre

It was a close one. I was like "Hang on a sec...?" :lol:
  • Relativist

Just who is this appealing to? Is his base that twisted?
    Here's 3 quotes from Adolf Hitler:

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Hate is more lasting than dislike.

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

It seems that great minds think alike. So do not-so-great minds.
  • Arkady

Of course. What won't his supporters explain away or ignore? How many of his supporters on this forum, for instance, have criticized anything he's done?
  • raza
    I’m not particular attracted to that one either.
  • Akanthinos
    Of course. What won't his supporters explain away or ignore? How many of his supporters on this forum, for instance, have criticized anything he's done?Arkady

None. Even Tiffany, who came closest from what I can see, during the height of the family separation crisis (which, no one should forget, is not over yet), ended up going back as far as possible as soon as the optics were shifted to potential child trafficking rings.

Even when we confronted her claims that "At least, Trump is always honest, even when he is saying stuff you don't like" with the tonne of lies that spread from his mouth, she would not acknowledge how clearly counterfactual her beliefs are.

At the very least, we have no visible QAnon on this forum.
  • Arkady
    Even when we confronted her claims that "At least, Trump is always honest, even when he is saying stuff you don't like" with the tonne of lies that spread from his mouth, she would not acknowledge how clearly counterfactual her beliefs are.Akanthinos

Someone actually claimed that Trump is always honest? Wow: we are truly through the looking glass now. (For what it's worth, I do think that the "child separation" issue is perhaps a bit more nuanced than has been presented in most media stories about it, but that's for another time. I'm no expert on immigration policy or enforcement, in any event.)

I only recently learned about the QAnon conspiracy subculture when it was reported that someone was at a Trump rally holding a "We are Q" sign. The conspiracy theory apparently posits something about Mueller and Trump actually secretly being in league together, and the world being controlled by an Illuminati-like cabal (always coming back to George Soros, of course, that focus of right-wing obsessive hostility from here to Hungary)? Is there any bullshit too insane for the American right to swallow? How much longer before the country is simply rent asunder by its own insanity?
  • Relativist

Someone actually claimed that Trump is always honest?
    Zillions of untruths come out of his mouth, but I wonder how many of them are actually cases where he knows the truth but chooses to tell something else.

The other day, my wife got into an argument with a Trump supporter about his lies. The Trumpist said, "all politicians lie... look at that lie Obama told that we could keep our doctors." I tend to doubt Obama knew better and was intentionally trying to mislead. I expect a lot of Trump's untruths are of this nature. We see more of them because he's stupid and deludes himself.

Are Trump's untruths lies, or are they the product of stupidity?
  • Arkady
    Zillions of untruths come out of his mouth, but I wonder how many of them are actually cases where he knows the truth but chooses to tell something else.Relativist

It's hard to quantify, but quite a lot, probably. It's at the point where he is clearly shown on video saying something unambiguous, then backpedals when faced with criticism to say what he "actually" meant.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/24-hours-later-trump-claims-he-misspoke-helsinki-meant-say-n892166

And yes, there are things he simply pulls out of his arse, such as that US pays for 90% of NATO. Most likely, in such instances, he simply has some sense that the US is getting fleeced by NATO allies (and there are legitimate concerns about certain allies not spending the target percentage of GDP), and just makes something up to put a number on it.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/jul/12/donald-trump/donald-trump-misleads-us-defense-spending-nato-bud/
  • Maw
    There have been a few commentators here who've stated that the Left is stiffing free speech, particularly for those on the Right, on college campuses, but data suggests otherwise, and in fact, members of the Left are targeted more.
  • Agustino
    Not buying it. I've been on college campuses, and I have my own pair of eyes, certainly don't need no "stats".
  • Maw
    You're being...sarcastic, right?
  • S
    No. Agustino don't need no stats, or facts, or experts. He gots his eyes, his Trump-tinted glasses, and his evil fictional God.
  • Baden

How many? The point relates to American college campuses. You don't live in the U.S. You don't work in the U.S. Have you been on holiday there? And if you were, how many college campuses did you visit while you were there?
  • Maw
    To my knowledge, Agustino has never stepped foot in America, and yet he thinks it's a bacchanalian cesspool of sex and left-wing demagoguery.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.