• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Some aren't their parents. Some pretend to be their parents. Child trafficking and child sex trafficking is an issue in itself. The undocumented easily fit the trafficking business model.raza

Many are not their parents which is why the definitively accurate DNA testing is being done to confirm family relation before unification.

After the unifications, what do we do with the children that were brought into the USA under false pretenses?
  • tim wood
    Yes, my replies to you were harsh. But in my opinion the President of the United States is a proto-Hitler, perhaps not Hitler but along those lines. We've had a long period of laughing at him and his evil outrageousness, but in any final analysis he is not funny at all, and what he's doing is very serious business. He takes our reactions, laughter, mockery, outrage - he takes them all to the bank, because it means that most of us aren't really paying attention, in the sense that his brand of eveil requires action and not mere inappropriate reaction.

If we did not live in a country with a well-established constitution with its checks and balances and a tradition of the rule of law, where do you imagine we might be, with this orange clown? I worry that the founder's four years to correct a mistake - two years with midterms - while it may have been expeditious in 1792, may be too long by years in 2018.

He keeps piling outrage upon outrage, and bet on it that for very headline abuse, there are many more lesser abuses. And it makes me wonder who's rowing his boat, because I do not believe he's capable of being his own man in all these abuses.
  • Maw
    Many are not their parentsArguingWAristotleTiff

"Many"?
  • frank
    In other news, Trump will soon go insult a bunch of Europeans and then go have a private chat with Putin.

I'm assuming Europeans will be footing the whole bill for NATO in future.
  • Akanthinos
    Many are not their parentsArguingWAristotleTiff

"Many"?Maw

Which is absolutely unthinkable, right? I mean, you see a half-starved kid on the side of the road on your trek from El Salvador to the frontier, and by God, if you don't share at least 75% genetic material with it, that kid is toast. God forbid extended family or even neighbours do something as unAmerican as trying to help a kid they have no parental obligation toward. That's communism.
  • raza
    You've been believing the news.
    Have you not heard of Operation Mockingbird?
  • Michael
    I heard about it in the news, but the news can’t be trusted so I don’t believe that Operation Mockingbird was a real thing. It’s anti-government lies and propaganda.
  • Michael
    Isn't it technically true that as a discussion grows longer the probability of a comparison involving anything approaches 1?
  • raza

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."
  • raza
    It is well documented but doesn't suit the narrative most on sale.

Operation Paperclip was another interesting program.
  • Michael
    It is well documented but doesn't suit the narrative most on sale.raza

Well documented where? In the news?

Don't you notice the hypocrisy in your position? You accept the news as trustworthy when it suits your agenda but not when it doesn't.
  • raza
    Well documented where? In the news?

Don't you notice the hypocrisy in your position? You accept the news as trustworthy when it suits your agenda but not when it doesn't.
    Michael

You are being quite the idiot.

Not in the news. In documents. In fact, documents "the news" generally avoids.
  • Michael
    Anyone can write a document. That just means that someone in the CIA with a bone to pick falsified some papers so as to get back at his bosses for not offering him that raise and/or promotion he'd been asking for.
  • raza

I see. It is all so clear now. Your obvious investigative skills are wasted on you here.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Before you take off on me, without help from the Internet, could you please tell me how many unaccompanied children have presented themselves at our Southern Border in 2018, NOT including those separated by the Zero Tolerance of 2018?
  • Benkei
    The article you linked to concerns DNA testing children separated from parents due to Trump's Zero Tolerance. There's a court order to reunite them within a certain period of time that will require DNA testing to make the deadline.

Then there's your comment with regard to how many unaccompanied children reach the US border. They seem to be separate issues and your "many" seemed to initially refer to unaccompanied children as that was the context to which you were replying.
  • Maw
    The article only mentions that it's "not uncommon". I don't think it's semantically reasonable to exchange "not uncommon" with "many". I guess my point is that the majority of adults who are with children are biological parents, so this hysteria over human traffickers is largely overblown. And while this is undeniably a concern and should be thwarted, it shouldn't be used as a clarion call to justify separations, abuse, etc.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    The article you linked to concerns DNA testing children separated from parents due to Trump's Zero Tolerance. There's a court order to reunite them within a certain period of time that will require DNA testing to make the deadline.Benkei

Which has already been determined to be an unrealistic timeline to reunify.

Then there's your comment with regard to how many unaccompanied children reach the US border. They seem to be separate issues and your "many" seemed to initially refer to unaccompanied children as that was the context to which you were replying.Benkei

Because Benkei, it gets hard to stomach the rage of trying to handle the illegal immigration situation of our own making, the 2,500 kids separated by the Zero tolerance policy being implemented, against the unaccompanied children that have been taken in since January of 2018.

I wonder where the rage is for the number of children that are sent to our border unaccompanied? Do people think that it is in the tens of kids? The hundred of kids? The thousands of kids?

If people have NO idea how many are showing up unaccompanied, how can the rage be the same?
    We, the USA, are horrible, despicable people without a heart or an ethical compass because we implemented a Zero tolerance policy in separating immigrants seeking political asylum, when caught NOT AT A PORT OF ENTRY.

Who is the USA that takes in the unaccompanied children that present themselves at our border?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I guess my point is that the majority of adults who are with children are biological parents, so this hysteria over human traffickers is largely overblown.Maw

And where is the backup that confirms that the "majority of adults who are with children are THEIR biological parents"? Those seeking political asylum KNOW that if you are traveling with children, the USA cannot hold them in an adult detention center. To think that those trying to enter the USA don't know that "a" child is a ticket in to be released and given a court date a year from now, is naïve at best.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Again I ask: without help from the Internet, could you please tell me how many unaccompanied children have presented themselves at our Southern Border in 2018, NOT including those separated by the Zero Tolerance of 2018?
  • frank
    The administration is holding up the hiring of immigration judges. They created this problem and it blew up in their faces.

I'm wary of the "kill Trump" bandwagon because it's so loaded with crap designed to attract an audience, but in this case, there is no reasonable or moral way to ally with the administration.

Face it: they screwed up.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Face it: they screwed up.frank

Frank, I already "Faced it", Thank you kindly for acknowledging my change in perspective, I can see it was duly noted.

Now that I have "faced it", I am asking for solutions for those children, who were NOT separated by the Zero tolerance policy.

If you only have the means to care for 4,000 minors, unaccompanied or separated, seeking asylum at our border what do you suggest we do with those that arrive once those 4,000 beds are full?

Again I ask: without help from the Internet, could you please tell me how many unaccompanied children have presented themselves at our Southern Border in 2018, NOT including those separated by the Zero Tolerance of 2018?

Why is no one willing to guess how many unaccompanied children presented themselves that are NOT a result of the Zero tolerance policy?
  • frank
    How many? What is the point you're making? I'm curious.

Did you hear the NPR story about the Guatemalan woman who was separated from her children due to zero tolerance? With go-fund-me money she got out on bail and was driven up to NYC where her kids were being fostered.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.