• Michael
    If Herr Muller had facts that fitted their collusion narrative he wouldn't have lost interest in it and gone instead looking into alleged consensual sex with a hooker.Dalai Dahmer

He isn't. He was looking into (among other things) campaign finance violations, and then passed it onto the Southern District of New York.
  • Michael
    [required for above to show]
  • Dalai Dahmer
    Keep watching. Be prepared for disappointment.
  • Michael
    Disappointment? What do you think I want?
  • Dalai Dahmer
    Disappointed or delighted or merely mildly entertained. Whichever. Mine is category 3.
  • creativesoul
    I love the revisionist history. If the facts do not support one's case, then it seems common to ignore those and talk about irrelevant stuff, draw baseless connections between disparate events, invoke some logically possible alternative explanation. Logical possibility alone does not warrant belief. Ahem... The Flying Spaghetti Monster...

There's a bit of irony here.

Those who adamantly support the idea that Trump is innocent have been offered a plethora of 'reasons' for believing so, all of which involve some sort of pre-planned highly organized governmental conspiracy against Trump. Nearly anyone who has formed a strong(unshakable) judgment of guilt or innocence is uninformed. Aside from those actually privy to the evidence that the special counsel is following, no one has an appropriate evidential basis upon which to arrive at such a judgment.

That said...

There is a surprisingly large amount of evidence that is available to the public. It's not Mueller team evidence. It's public. However, the investigators are surely considering it as well as what they have exclusively. Rest assured that Mueller's team is looking at actual events, things that actually happened that are relevant to Russian interference. Things said in public. Things said in private. Things going on in public. Things going on in private.

Things happening unknown to the public at certain times that corresponded with things said in public and private by Trump and/or his team during that same timeframe.

There are timelines of known events relevant to the possibility of conspiracy to commit fraud against the United States(collusion). Some of these are readily available for public examination. After looking at a comprehensive timeline of known verifiable events, one would be very hard pressed to believe that it was all coincidence.

I'm expecting some sort of analysis quantifying the likelihood of coincidence.
  • Baden

There's always something deeply comical about Trey Gowdy whose false impression of his own intelligence clearly derives exclusively from being around people even stupider than him.
  • tim wood
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Wayfarer
    Gowdy's analysis is pathetic in this case.
  • Michael
    There's always something deeply comical about Trey Gowdy whose false impression of his own intelligence clearly derives exclusively from being around people even stupider than him.Baden

Also he has the gall to accuse others of bias and complain about the length of the Mueller investigation after he spent two and half years on Benghazi.
  • Wayfarer
    Talk about grasping at straws. The whole story about Peter Strzok was that the NY Times published an account of how he was taken off the Russian investigation because of some remarks he made by text, that could be taken as prejudicial in the context of the investigation. So Team Trump seize on that to declare that this is 'the deep state conspiracy' that is 'seeking to undermine the Presidency'. It's the same cast and crew who were behind the equally ridiculous 'dueling memos' from earlier this year, and the suggestion that the Democratic National Committee was somehow behind the whole affair. It's not even worthy of The National Enquirer. Yet Trump has dumbed down and bullshitted the electorate, aided and abetted by Fox and Friends, to the point where these ridiculous ideas are being taken seriously. And at the cost of having the Republican Party denigrating, degrading and defaming the FBI and the Department of Justice. Evil is hiding in plain sight.
  • Baden

Beat me to the punch. Funny how Mueller keeps discovering stuff seeing as it's all fake news...
  • Shawn

Yeah, but no allegations of Americans aware they were cooperating with Russian GRU military personnel...
  • Michael
    Apparently Rosenstein has just said that Americans were corresponding with these intelligence officials.
  • Baden
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAI9UpfvZmw

Live Rosenstein press conference.
  • Michael
    “In addition to releasing documents directly to the public, the defendants transferred stolen documents to another organization, not named in the indictment, and discussed timing the release of the documents in an attempt to enhance the impact on the election.”

So WikiLeaks?
  • Shawn

Most likely, I think.
  • Maw
    A candidate for US Congress apparently requested these stolen documents according to the written report.
  • Michael
    It’s going to be Roger Stone. Didn’t he talk about being involved with Guccifer and WikiLeaks?
  • Maw
    He is most assuredly involved.
  • Shawn
    I wanna see Trumpo pull a fake news on this one. It also is good due to being right before his meeting with Putin.
  • Michael
    Indictment alleges Russia "on or about July 27, 2016" started trying to access emails "used by Clinton's personal office."
    Notable because that's the same day Trump proclaimed: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/1017815390485794816
  • Shawn

Ooo, gotta hold him to his word for once. Let's see how that pans out.
  • Maw
    yup July 27th 2016
  • 0 thru 9
    The indictment of the 12 Russian intel officers brings a few questions to my mind. Apologies if they are premature, exaggerated, or have already been mentioned in this thread.

Is this the straw that will break the camel’s back, so to speak?
    And will President Trump see the writing on the wall, and resign office before impeachment?
    If so, when? And finally, in a Trump speech announcing such, would he show even a small percentage of the dignity and class that Richard Nixon (of whom I’m no fan) showed in his resignation speech?

• Wayfarer
    Notable because that's the same day Trump proclaimed: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"Michael

There's also the fact that at the time of the infamous Don Jr meeting with the Russians promising 'dirt on Hillary', Trump promised a campaign audience that 'next week, we will have really big news' - which turned out not to be forthcoming, as the meeting was a fizzer.

Is this the straw that will break the camel’s back, so to speak?0 thru 9

I don't think so. Trump said during his campaign that he could stand on Fifth Avenue and shoot someone dead and get away with it - and it's true. The craven hacks that the GoP has become, aided and abetted by the peanut gallery at Fox, will continue to duck and cover. I do believe the day is coming, but I don't think this is it. What it does do, is makes it impossible to rationalise winding up the Mueller investigation.
  • Baden
    My bet is Trump won't even bring it up with Putin. Not because of compromat but because Putin helped him get elected and he's happy about that. He's that simple-minded.
  • Maw
    Not because of compromat but because Putin helped him get elected and he's happy about thatBaden

No, Trump didn't want to become President.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.