• Baden
    It appears that the common elements are:Hanover

...that they are horrible, over-processed crap.

(There is literally not one passable picture on that whole page.)
  • Baden

Phillystine!! If everyone doesn't hate your art, it's no good. I rest assured in my obscure unpopularity.
  • T Clark
    I rest assured in my obscure unpopularity.Baden

Don't sell yourself short, your unpopularity is not obscure at all.
  • Baden

Thanks!... :grimace:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Antelope Slot Canyon, Page AZ 14_Antelope_slot_Canyon_Page_AZ_1024x768.jpg
  • T Clark
    Antelope Slot Canyon, Page AZArguingWAristotleTiff

Those canyons scare the crap out of me. One little storm miles away and you're dead. They are beautiful though.
  • T Clark

I'm more of a Chutes and Ladders or Candyland player. I did recently beat a 7 year old at checkers.
  • XTG
    I'm more of a Chutes and Ladders or Candyland player. I did recently beat a 7 year old at checkers.T Clark

I think I’d rather eat shit & die...

But I applaud you, you're a nice father.
  • TimeLine
    I got an email today from my manager allowing me to work from home two days a week, so now I can finally fill my days "working" designing objects around the house. I love sanding down wood and painting and making things look pretty, and despite not having my own place, i'm currently searching for rental properties just for me and far far away from where I am now so I can start fresh and fill it up with my handmade stuff.

Love the Scandinavian Farmhouse look ever since living in Denmark, but adding hints of Bohemian and Modern elements. I love quirky but within the boundaries of sophistication, as in, it need to be breathable and open, but I am not shy of colours. I'm not at home to take some pics, but this is what I am. Everyone that sees my style always thinks it is beautiful.

If only I had my own house!!!! :cry:

i0sir5ycydf8dhwt.jpg

gay0fip3bz4ffdk5.jpg

96qh9egzzk8vhff8.jpg
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Those canyons scare the crap out of me. One little storm miles away and you're dead. They are beautiful though.T Clark

You are a very observant person. I personally could hike that Canyon, which is one of the easiest hikes but I am claustrophobic and I see a lack of Oxygen, so no for me. I am a strong swimmer and I have thought about what I would do if caught in a Flash Flood through the canyon and I think my best bet for survival is to tread water and let the water level rise and allow the current to carry me out.
    Then again, those who have lost their lives in the flash floods, might have thought the same.
    I need a game plan and a safe way out before I try anything. Silly huh?

I cannot tell you how many people get on horses, thinking they know how to ride and the first question they ask is "So to make him go I just kick with my heels right?" The first question is NEVER how do I make the horse stop in the event he takes off with me. Never, not once. People often get so excited that they forget to ask how to get the experience to stop but never how to get it started.
  • matt
    Daphnis-cyms1.jpg

8e0756dfd2090c7527d283b86a09c10a?AccessKeyId=5DA123DE4C7FD6098FD1&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Musical cymbals & drums
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I got an email today from my manager allowing me to work from home two days a week, so now I can finally fill my days "working" designing objects around the houseTimeLine

Congratulations! The commute is amazing! :wink:
  • XTG

How about a geodesic dome?

fa9f9a7177e43d23d16daa41bba55565.jpg

1b0d793e8224776b6386ef9f4218ce6e.jpg

2505253ae399b3bf766e0eff2b20ceff.jpg

a5ba266b8156ecff7b55045fb11a3909.jpg
  • T Clark
    I applaud you, you're a nice father.XTG

My family are all game players except me. They are more into cards and board games. I am too timid, afraid to make a wrong move, to be good or to enjoy games much.

Also - I wasn't playing checkers with my own child. My youngest is 28. It was a neighbor's grandchild.
  • T Clark
    I am a strong swimmer and I have thought about what I would do if caught in a Flash Flood through the canyon and I think my best bet for survival is to tread water and let the water level rise and allow the current to carry me out.ArguingWAristotleTiff

The thing that bothers me is that something could be happening 10 miles away and you'd never know till it was too late. No, I don't think your skill at swimming would matter much. From what I've read, it's like a tidal wave.
  • T Clark
    How about a geodesic dome?XTG

The building is beautiful, but with domes I'm always asking myself how I could stack all my boxes against a curved wall.
  • T Clark
    i'm currently searching for rental properties just for me and far far away from where I am now so I can start fresh and fill it up with my handmade stuff.TimeLine

Let me know when you're moving in. I'll bring over a can of yellow paint for the front door.
  • T Clark
    I love the way this discussion keeps popping back up. Makes me smile every time.
  • Noble Dust

Mmmmmmm yes. Lovely.
  • Sir2u
    The building is beautiful, but with domes I'm always asking myself how I could stack all my boxes against a curved wall.T Clark

By making curved shelves. The difference between one end and the other over a six foot shelf would not be too much. You would just have to learn to stack the big ones in the middle.
  • Hanover
    Love the Scandinavian Farmhouse look ever since living in Denmark, but adding hints of Bohemian and Modern elements.TimeLine

Not sure about the mirror. The shape fits, but the wood looks too traditional. The little chair definitely doesn't fit, but it creates a storyline, redefines the room, so I'd leave it.
  • BC
    Geodesic domes are of great interest, but I think they are not suitable for traditional decor. A style suitable to the dome hasn't been developed. Possibly something along the lines of Cardasian design (Deep Space Nine) would be more appropriate.

One would, of course, want comfy chairs, tables, beds, baths, sinks, kitchens, and so forth but we haven't found a way of using round space that really looks good. Most of our decor is designed to fit into spaces with flat parallel walls, ceilings, and floors.
  • Hanover
    One would, of course, want comfy chairs, tables, beds, baths, sinks, kitchens, and so forth but we haven't found a way of using round space that really looks good. Most of our decor is designed to fit into spaces with flat parallel walls, ceilings, and floorsBitter Crank

An interesting factoid I heard while visiting a colonial village was that the use of barrels was for ease of movement of stored goods prior to there being forklifts and other lifting devices. Maybe they could make furniture that way and you could sort of tip and roll it wherever you wanted to. My understanding is that you have been working on the barrel physique so that you could be moved around if need be.
  • BC

No doubt you were thinking of this kind of barrel furniture.

tumblr_p7cpnxv8511s4quuao2_540.png

As for my physique... after a certain age it just doesn't much matter any more, as long as one can haul one's self around. The only thing that makes old bodies attractive is being stuffed with cash.
  • T Clark
    A few pages back, Bitter Crank and I briefly discussed his photos of monumental architecture - the George Washington Bridge, Fort Peck Dam - . For him and me, these structures, in addition to their function, because of their function, provide the kind of public art that ties neighborhoods, cities, nations together. Forgive me for putting words in your keyboard BC.

That made me think of Christo and Jeanne Claude, who created art works that playfully forced people to see entire landscapes differently. You hear the idea - hey, we'll wrap the Pont Neuf Bridge in Paris in fabric - and you think, "Aah... more of that tooty-frooty modern art crap" Then you see it and BANG. You get it immediately.

The_Gates_from_The_Met_2007-02-18.jpg

1-Christo-and-Jeanne-Claude-Le-Pont-Neuf-Wrapped-1975-85-Photo-Wolfgang-Volz.jpg

christorunningfenceedit.jpg
  • TimeLine
    Congratulations! The commute is amazing! :wink:ArguingWAristotleTiff

From the bed to the office. About 10 steps. :yawn:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    No doubt you were thinking of this kind of barrel furniture.Bitter Crank

Hey! They sell those at the feed store! I can get you as many as you like but you might need a flame torch to cut them into those funky shapes that defeat the purpose of the barrel. Men. :confused:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment