• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    By making curved shelves. The difference between one end and the other over a six foot shelf would not be too much. You would just have to learn to stack the big ones in the middle.Sir2u

Lololol that would likely work!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I love the way this discussion keeps popping back up. Makes me smile every time.T Clark

It's an awesome place to be! :heart:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    From the bed to the office. About 10 steps. :yawn:TimeLine

Glorious~ :cheer: :party: Gonna have to install a coffee maker at step 5 :yawn:
  • TimeLine
    Not sure about the mirror. The shape fits, but the wood looks too traditional. The little chair definitely doesn't fit, but it creates a storyline, redefines the room, so I'd leave it.Hanover

Perhaps if the mirror had a detailed baroque gold leaf frame instead to bring out the colour. You need to check your teeth after dinner, surely.
  • Hanover
    Perhaps if the mirror had a detailed baroque gold leaf frame instead to bring out the colour. You need to check your teeth after dinner, surely.TimeLine

How about a simple chrome frame to round out the stark, uncomfortable Scandinavian look you're going for? As long as you stack all your junk at right angles on open shelves, you can convince yourself that it doesn't look cluttered. Keep the little chair, though. It creates a warmth and thoughts of little feet pitter patting around on the uncovered wooden slats around the hard angular tables and chairs.
  • TimeLine
    How about a simple chrome frame to round out the stark, uncomfortable Scandinavian look you're going for? As long as you stack all your junk at right angles on open shelves, you can convince yourself that it doesn't look cluttered. Keep the little chair, though. It creates a warmth and thoughts of little feet pitter patting around on the uncovered wooden slats around the hard angular tables and chairs.Hanover

:angry:
  • T Clark
    When I was younger and my wife and I lived in Cambridge MA, we used to go to the Mapparium at the Christian Science Church in downtown Boston. It's a stained-glass globe of the earth. You walk inside it on a bridge. Since it was built in 1935, the countries are interestingly out of date. Back then it was free. You just walked in and went there. Now it costs $6. I'm the kind of guy who wouldn't pay $6 for 10 minutes of activity, so it's a good thing I saw it 40 years ago. It is beautiful and interesting. Added feature - since it's spherical and made of hard material, the acoustics are unusual. If you stand in the focal point on one end of the bridge and whisper, people on the other end can hear you.

Notice that Australia isn't even shown. It hadn't been discovered yet.

mlo9f5-b781099132z.120130422123704000gk01ctqcn.1.jpg?w=620

9198227_0bc31cbdf7_z.jpg?zz=1
  • Sir2u
    Notice that Australia isn't even shown. It hadn't been discovered yet.T Clark

It is down in the right hand corner. Hiding like all shy Aussies. :wink:
  • Hanover
    My new antique clock. It tick tocks and gongs in an otherwise silent room. 1dst12979vk6xpr0.jpg
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I'm walking in unfamiliar territory.T Clark
    From where I stand, this is a beautiful thing to read, from a beautiful soul I am just getting to know.
  • Hanover
    From where I stand, this is a beautiful thing to read, from a beautiful soul I am just getting to know.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Oh stop your touchy feely talk and tell me how much you like my new clock. Pretty sweet, huh?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Oh stop your touchy feely talk and tell me how much you like my new clock. Pretty sweet, huh?Hanover

I am a really light sleeper so anything that makes a timed ticking drives me crazy, fortunately I learned it early on by stopping the hands and by default the weights of an Antique clock my Step Dad has and got very angry every time I stopped it. So I know that a clock like yours or his and me just don't get along.
    Now show me a Cuckoo Clock with the little dancing ladies and gentlemen? I might woo a little.
  • Baden
    kr0bp4w2b3i6exiw.jpg

By Harry Gruyaert.
  • Deleteduserrc
    two i keep coming back to over the past couple years:

T01269_10.jpg

inferno%2B1st%2Bcanto.jpg
  • Deleteduserrc
    and also the drunk would-be philosopher comforting himself to sleep:

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Noble Dust

What is that second painting?
  • Noble Dust

There's so much here.
  • T Clark

Where? Is Lenin supposed to look diabolical?
  • T Clark
    two i keep coming back to over the past couple years:csalisbury

Like the first. Love the second. Drunk philosopher? No opinion.
  • Baden

Headquarters of the Indian communist party. Somewhere in India... Lenin was diabolical but I think masterful is more what they are going for here.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Sir2u
    Would this work on the dome home walls?
    30729702_1662754450459368_8104373362758354387_n.jpg
  • T Clark
    Would this work on the dome home walls?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Quick, take another picture, I want to see what it looks like on the other side of the wall.
  • Hanover
    The wallpaper, wooden chairs, cool kitschy shelf, true Americana.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    The wallpaper, wooden chairs, cool kitschy shelf, true Americana.Hanover

True but ack.

Here is my dream home- a studio small enough but has everything.
    Casita_Inside.jpg
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    A cabin just outside of Prescott within our price range to purchase (not necessarily to maintain), is zoned for a B&B and a student rental but does not have the connectivity that NicK needs to run our business.
    Some one bought either a money pit or a money maker, it will be interesting to see what the new owners do with it.lb9b97943-m1xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
  • tim wood
    Here is my dream home- a studio small enough but has everything.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Maybe you'd like Not-so-Big Houses. Sarah Susanka is, well, here are a couple of sites:
    https://www.houseplans.com/exclusive/sarah-susanka
    http://www.notsobighouse.com/

She's not the only one, nor the first, on small house living - it's actually an old subject. But she's a very nice introduction or re-introduction to them.
  • Sir2u
    Probably not so well, but they do look kind of cool don't they?

I have a flat wall in an place that I am going use for a TV area, that would look nice around a flat screen.
  • TimeLine
    A couple of weeks back, I stayed in this beautiful cottage with the open sea out the front and lush rainforest behind, I thought I was in heaven. Only a walking distance from the local (and quaint) township with everything that one would need, the crackling sounds of a woodfire and the birds outside :cry:

Imagine sitting outside all snug with a hot drink, talking about endless somethings that make you feel good, later checking out the stars with your Saxon 8 inch. I'm so sad today.

automne1.jpg
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Imagine sitting outside all snug with a hot drink, talking about endless somethings that make you feel good, later checking out the stars with your Saxon 8 inch. I'm so sad today.TimeLine

I can only imagine as I am in desperate need for a mental get away. :shade:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet