• Thorongil
    Thank you for the elaboration. I have a rather severe disposition most of the time, which may mean that I don't pick up certain frequencies of humor as well or as swiftly as others, not to mention the fact that conveying humor through the written word is vastly more difficult than in person. I suppose I understand on some level the hyperbolic approach, as one might call it, to verbal fencing, but I don't think I'm very good at it and so my impatience with it boils over into outrage over the charges. I hold no grudges, however, and do not believe that because respect has been lost it cannot be regained.
  • Wosret
    ↪Bitter Crankthis thread IS pasta salad.Wayfarer

That better mean it's good. I will not tolerate the defamation of pasta salad, you monster.
  • Hanover
    How about this: she doesn't like me and is now a mod, which provides her the opportunity to unjustly censure me and others with impunity.Thorongil

All this explains why you don't want TL to be a mod, but it was unresponsive to my question as to what our underlying motive was for making her a mod. You think we made her a mod because we just wanted to make your life difficult, as if (1) we are that petty, and (2) we couldn't make your life just as miserable without bringing her aboard? We all understand you don't like her and don't want her exerting any amount of control over your life, but your comments weren't limited to an expression of displeasure, but seemed to suggest something more.

Sounds like you were just pissed off and saying whatever. Anyway, you got your say. It's the holidays. Let's all get along.
  • Thorongil
    I think you guys are rather petty at times. The deflections and farcical responses to my suggestion of making Agustino a mod are proof of that (my favorite: "we're fresh out of mod spaces, alas!"). No legitimate reason was given for why he can't be one. If he can't be a mod, then I think it shows that you only want mods you already like and agree with (and by "you" I have in mind especially the Three Stooges below jamal in Michael's image, not necessarily you). I prefer meritocracy to nepotism, however. I also think people who say they value feedback and a diverse mod team should start walking the walk.

Sounds like you were just pissed off and saying whatever. Anyway, you got your say. It's the holidays. Let's all get along.Hanover

You say this after you get in a nice dig at me, lol. Okay, sure, let's get along.
  • Thorongil
    We all understand you don't like herHanover

This need not be a permanent judgment, by the way, as I just got done saying to TL, and as indeed I said on page two of this thread.
  • Hanover
    I think you guys are rather petty at times. The deflections and farcical responses to my suggestion of making Agustino a mod are proof of that (my favorite: "we're fresh out of mod spaces, alas!"). No legitimate reason was given for why he can't be one.Thorongil

Your question is absurd, as if one poster has the right to solicit public feedback from the moderators as to their opinions about the potential qualifications of another poster for a particular position, even one he never requested?
  • Thorongil
    If my question (what question do you mean?) was absurd, then yours is incoherent. Who is the "he" in that last clause? I don't know what you're trying to say.
  • Hanover
    Your question was "why can't Agustino be a moderator " My response was you can't just ask the moderators (or anyone really) why they think someone is disqualified for a particular position and expect a public response. That is especially true when Agustino never asked to be a mod as far as I know. It's an absurd request, like asking us to tell you why we don't make Wosret a mod and then me spending the next few pages publically telling everyone why he sucks, as if that'd be appropriate in any event, but especially when he never even asked for the job.

And none of this is to suggest that anyone is or isn't qualified to be a mod, but it's just to comment on your question.
  • Wosret
    You assume that I care more about the quality than quantity of attention. A fatal error.
  • Hanover
    I shall therefore shower you with countless hours of meaningless attention and we shall spend quantity time together.
  • Wosret

Okay I lied. Get in line.
  • Noble Dust
    Quantity time; the 6th love language, along with taking away gifts and words of defamation.
  • ProbablyTrue
    I'm shocked my name hasn't been nominated for modship.

like asking us to tell you why we don't make Wosret a mod and then me spending the next few pages publically telling everyone why he sucksHanover

I'd read it.
  • Streetlight
    *rolls up sleeves*
  • Wayfarer
    I do freelance mod things. Like when I see OPs which I think are beyond the pale, or advertising, or obvious trolling, I’ll report them. We can all help with keeping the place tidy by doing that.
  • Baden

Appreciate your help on that. (Y)
  • Baden
    Not sure when the next vacancy will arise but everyone is welcome to submit their interest at any time. It does help to know who's up for it and who's not.
  • Streetlight
    That said, yall should be warned against romanticizing what a modship entails - it's essentially forum janitorial work, and frankly the less one has to speak or act in the capacity of a mod, the better. TL maybe doesn't know it yet, but what she now has that she didn't have before is a dirty digital mop and apron.
  • Benkei
    So.
    We went from justifying TL as a mod to simply stating she flirted her way into the role.
    I mean.
    Beyond the fact that this just expresses so well how little you know about flirting.
    Akanthinos

Flirting with Hanover is pretty ineffectual because a) he's a two-timing lizard and b) not an administrator.
  • Baden

Let's not tell them that while we've got them chomping at the bit. ;)
  • T Clark
    Not sure when the next vacancy will arise but everyone is welcome to submit their interest at any time. It does help to know who's up for it and who's not.Baden

If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve.
  • Baden

Fair enough. It's not for everyone. But I hope I speak for most of us here when I wish Timeline the best in her new role.
  • Streetlight
    Oh, right. Errr modship is great, you get to spend all your time thinking WHO WILL NEXT SUFFER THE WRATH OF MY BANHAMMER (while laughing maniacally) and HOW CAN I FUCK WITH THORONGIL. The stuff I know I really signed up for when joining a philosophy forum.
  • Baden

I plead the fifth. :-x
  • Wayfarer
    I tried being a mod once, was hopeless. Too Libran - tried to mediate rather than simply patrol. Lasted 24 hours.

Oh and second Baden above. it’s quite a task.
  • BC
    Are we all happy again, now? Yes? Adorable!
  • Wosret
    You're welcome.
  • Meta
    Conclusion: Don't trigger feminists in the future because you will get banned.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet