• S
    tssh!
  • Nils Loc
    Dennett'sho (Dawken'sho)

You say potato, I say potato.
  • T Clark
    You say potato, I say potato.Nils Loc

This discussion has a lot of potensho.

That's the end of this particular cycle for me.
  • S
    I say solanum tuberosum.
  • Sir2u
    What do you call an ensho painted by a sentimental latin woman?

A sappy ensha
    praxis

Why?
  • praxis

It’s Latin for wisdom. That’s not funny?

• Sir2u
    It’s Latin for wisdom. That’s not funny?praxis

Oh yes, that's funny.

In more ways than one. X-)
  • T Clark
    Joke of the Day - October 11, 2017

A mathematician and a priest are having lunch. The mathematician asks “Can God count to infinity?” The priest says “I’m not sure, I’ll check,” and kneels to pray. After a minute he gets up. The mathematician says “Well?” The priest says “He says I made him lose count.”
  • Nils Loc
    Just ignore me.

The demon Cantor and a polytheistic shaman, Quag, are having dinner. Cantor asks "Can every number count towards infinity?" The shaman says "No, but if they all set themselves up in a row, they could collaboratively count in any direction."
  • szardosszemagad

There were three numbers in a row. One of them's kidding. He is now on skid row.

(Traditional:) Why did six cry? Seven, eight, nine.

How many numbers in a row does it take to screw in a light bulb? I dunno, but they had better start turning it clockwise, otherwise the entire exercise is doomed to failure.

Two blonde threes walk into a foursome. "Hey, handsome," said one of the lissome threesome, "hand me some?" "Ah!" replied the rowsome bluesome. "I am a beausome lumberjack, I like some bosome... erm, miss some. Some misses I get though. I like a direct miss, who don't mess much or muss my hair." "Don't get your panties in a bunch," replied the moosome kisssome. "Some like it hot."

I don't give a damn, I am going to use a four-letter word. This ^ is fucking pathetic.
  • szardosszemagad

The Demonic Cantor and Kant or Socrates are counting towards infinity. Cantor takes the odd numbers, Kant or Socrates, the even numbers. In walks Schopenhauer. He is the illegitimate son of Mrs. Chopin and Adenauer, West German Archchancellor. That's how he wound up with this f up name. "What are you guys doing?" "We are counting toward infinity, to see who gets there first." "Do you count fractions, as well?" The demonic Cantor and Kant or Socrates look at each other, and say in unison, "we ought to slug you now very hard."
  • T Clark
    Two blonde threes walk into a foursome. "Hey, handsome," said one of the lissome threesome, "hand me some?" "Ah!" replied the rowsome bluesome. "I am a beausome lumberjack, I like some bosome... erm, miss some. Some misses I get though. I like a direct miss, who don't mess much or muss my hair." "Don't get your panties in a bunch," replied the moosome kisssome. "Some like it hot."szardosszemagad

I accused Nils Loc of being a computer. I think I'll accuse you of being monkey's with typewriters.
  • szardosszemagad
    This witz has no schlitz... it has a switch instead.

A mathematician and a priest are having lunch. The mathematician asksT Clark
    , "what was the year before creation? "Year -1. Or 1 BC," Says the priest. "And the year before that?" asks the math guy. "2 BC," says the priest. "What was the very first year before creation?" "Year Infinity BC, I suppose," says the priest. "So what number was the next year?" "Erm... infinity minus one BC, I surmise." "Okay... so what year did the switch happen, the switch from the year Infinity - N (here N is a positive integer) to a nominative integer, say, 2432 BC?" The priest thinks for a while and says, "Now I'm going to slug you. Very hard."

To think this joke has never happened has been a Swiss Wish. Next I'll tell you a Sask. watch.
  • T Clark
    , "what was the year before creation? "Year -1. Or 1 BC," Says the priest. "And the year before that?" asks the math guy. "2 BC," says the priest. "What was the very first year before creation?" "Year Infinity BC, I suppose," says the priest. "So what number was the next year?" "Erm... infinity minus one BC, I surmise." "Okay... so what year did the switch happen, the switch from the year Infinity - N (here N is a positive integer) to a nominative integer, say, 2432 BC?" The priest thinks for a while and says, "Now I'm going to slug you. Very hard."szardosszemagad

This is only a suggestion - but you guys could try telling actual jokes. That's kind of the idea behind this discussion.
  • szardosszemagad
    I accused Nils Loc of being a computer. I think I'll accuse you of being monkey's with typewriters.T Clark

I am actually several typewriters, who hit the fingers of so many monkeys. The monkeys say these "jokes" involuntarily, therefore, with a lot of hissing and quite cursing sounds in pain. Their verbal cries the same microphone records, that has been used to settle the argument, "if a tree falls in a forest" etc.

WYSIWYG.
  • szardosszemagad
    This is only a suggestion - but you guys could try telling actual jokes. That's kind of the idea behind this discussion.T Clark

Sir, you are being too Rich.
  • Sir2u
    This is only a suggestion - but you guys could try telling actual jokes. That's kind of the idea behind this discussion.T Clark

Do you think that they actually know any?
  • T Clark
    Do you think that they actually know any?Sir2u

They don't have to tell jokes that are funny, I'm only asking that they try.
  • S
    Do you think that they actually know any?Sir2u

Perhaps you have a comedy tutor that you could refer them to.

Although, if your comedy is anything like your grammar...
  • Sir2u
    Although, if your comedy is anything like your grammar...Sapientia

Should I try poetry then?

There was once an old fart from Maryland
    Who considered himself so grand
    He spent his days irritating people on a forum
    Which he did with little decorum
    And with many a comment oh so bland
  • S
    Should I try poetry then?Sir2u

Sure. How bad can it be?

There was once an old fart from Maryland
    Who considered himself so grand
    He spent his days irritating people on a forum
    Which he did with little decorum
    And with many a comment oh so bland
    Sir2u

Oh...

Have you tried knitting?
  • Sir2u
    Have you tried knitting?Sapientia

Been there, done that. Lots of fun but were I live we don't need pullovers.

Any further suggestions?
  • praxis
    There once was a forum for the philosophical

Where members would troll things fantastical

It happened one day

In a gruesome display

That Sir2u was marked ungrammatical
  • S
    Any further suggestions?Sir2u

:-x
  • Sir2u
    :-xSapientia

:-x

HaHaHa, at last you said something funny. You have decided to keep quiet. Good decision.
  • Nils Loc
    One of the definitions of humor:

"comply with the wishes of (someone) in order to keep them content, however unreasonable such wishes might be."

Philosophical Humor (collected by David Chalmers)
  • T Clark
    Philosophical Humor (collected by David Chalmers)Nils Loc

Thanks. None of the jokes are as good as mine (although most are better than yours), but what they lack in quality, they make up in quantity.
  • Sir2u
    There once was a forum for the philosophical

Where members would troll things fantastical

It happened one day

In a gruesome display

That Sir2u was marked ungrammatical
    praxis

Now sir, that was funny. X-)
    Maybe instead of jokes we could have a limericks thread.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment