• Sir2u
    Have you had the pleasure of teaching any of Sapientia's children?CasKev

May the gods and Murphy forbid such a thing. (please read with a thick Scottish accent)

I don't any of the little bleeders every got to school, him being so bloody busy chucking them of cliffs and so on.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    May the gods and Murphy forbid such a thing.Sir2u

Who is Murphy?
  • Sir2u
    Who is Murphy?ArguingWAristotleTiff

The Murphy that has laws named after him.
    Murphy's Law, the governing rule of the universe.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    The Murphy that has laws named after him.
    Murphy's Law, the governing rule of the universe.
    Sir2u

Oh THAT Murphy!
    Have you ever heard of Ferguson?
  • Sir2u
    Have you ever heard of Ferguson?ArguingWAristotleTiff

The one that ran the football team?
  • CasKev
    We've got us some English-type weather here in Sudbury today. One big cloud covering the sky with a bit of drizzle. Who has something to brighten up the day?
  • Sir2u
    Who has something to brighten up the day?CasKev

It's Friday!
    Next week is carnival week here.
    I have 6 6packs of cheap beer in the fridge. Not much else though.

I'll try to think of something else and get back to you in a bit.
  • CasKev
    Hahaha! Please refer to the thread on getting authentically drunk... >:O
  • Sir2u
    Hahaha! Please refer to the thread on getting authentically drunk... >:OCasKev

I had a couple of quick looks at it, but I figured that I had too much to say about the topic.
    I only have hangovers if I drink the local brews, so I just buy cheap imported stuff. Costs about 50 cent US instead of $1 for the local stuff.

And by the way, stop sending your rain over here. It was a nice 90F until you started complaining about the weather. X-)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I will take all the rain you have Sir (Y)
  • ssu
    Hey Tiff!

Heard that you got rid of your sheriff (If I remember correctly it was your sheriff).

Must have been a tough spot for you. ;)
  • Sir2u
    Heard that you got rid of your sheriffssu

Who shot the sheriff?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Hey Tiff!

Heard that you got rid of your sheriff (If I remember correctly it was your sheriff).

Must have been a tough spot for you. ;)
    ssu

ssu, you are soo correct! Can I get a Woo Hooo?!?!?!?! (Y)
  • BC
    I have 6 6packs of cheap beer in the fridge. Not much else though.

I'll try to think of something else and get back to you in a bit.
    Sir2u

Fruits and vegetables maybe? Some cheese? Bread?
  • Sir2u
    Fruits and vegetables maybe? Some cheese? Bread?Bitter Crank

Yeah we got some of them too, did you think I only drank beer? it was the day before shopping day.
    Well at least we still had some the cheese.
    Nothing better than supping beer with lumps of cheese to munch. The vegetables go in the stew that is also great to eat with a beer or two. The fruit gets juiced and are always good for mixing drinks. Oh yeah, bread. Toasted bread with sardines is fantastic with beer. :D
  • BC
    Toasted bread with sardines is fantastic with beer.Sir2u

Is that some sort of sick joke? Sardines are fine either straight from the can or in spaghetti sauce on pasta; I can't quite imagine them on toast. Maybe you could season the sardines with some of that yeast spread. What's it called?
  • Hanover
    I like to put sardines between my lip and gum and suck on their carcasses and spit the juice out like dipping tobacco. I keep the open tin in my shirt pocket, letting the dripping fish oils lubricate my teat as the sharp metal top pleasantly scrapes my undertit.

That's what I like to do. Dunno why.
  • BlueBanana
    Depends. Is it a potato?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    It's Gluten Free, Non-Dairy and Vegan. Does that make it a potato?
  • CasKev
    I like to post in this thread whenever I can't find another thread to which I can make a useful contribution. So I post in here a fair bit. I'm mostly interested in philosophy of the mind. Given my history of depression and possible hypomania, I'm very motivated to achieve lasting, stable peace of mind. I'm least interested in the threads about logical equations, and anything Thanatos Sand or John Harris have to say.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Banno called me a Philosophy Cheerleader more than a Philosophy player if that makes any sense. I took it as a compliment because I know he meant it to be truthful and not hurtful. And to be completely honest, I have the legs for being a Cheerleader way before I could ever have legs as a player.
    So Caskev, be at ease with yourself and your genuine soul will shine through and know that you are not alone (by any means) when it comes to dealing with depression.

Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name.... 8-)
  • CasKev
    Cheers! So what you're saying is you've got great legs and a positive attitude... Can't go wrong there!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    And they're always glad you came~ You want to go where people know our troubles are all the same, you want to go where everybody knows your name...
  • Sir2u
    Is that some sort of sick joke?Bitter Crank

Don't knock it till you try it. But you have to get the sardines with chili hot sauce.

Maybe you could season the sardines with some of that yeast spread. What's it called?Bitter Crank

Beer, it's called beer. :-}
  • CasKev
    That's an obvious set-up for a joke about beer and spreading, but given all the recent sexism hoopla, I'll let that one slide right by... ;)
  • Sir2u
    That's an obvious set-up for a joke about beer and spreading, but given all the recent sexism hoopla, I'll let that one slide right by... ;)CasKev

I thought that I was the only one with a dirty mind. >:)
  • Sir2u
    Crap, I just realized that I am on 2 threads called The First Words and The Last Word. I will have to do some serious thinking so as not to confuse my posts.
  • CasKev
    I suppose I should tread very carefully now... they've started a thread about ousting me - "We Need to Talk About Kevin"...
  • CasKev
    I think we need 'like' and 'dislike' buttons and counts in this forum. Sometimes, I think I've made a pretty decent post, and no one really responds to it saying 'Hurrah' or 'Woohoo' - it just kind of sits there, and I'm left to feel like no one even bothered to consider it. Or wait - maybe silence is the highest form of praise you can get here... :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.