• Boltaire
    This is just a casual observation that just showed up in my mind while I just laid down after pursuing some weird pop culture phenomenon into its minutest details on youtube and absolutely wasted a productive evening.
    To be very honest I know nothing about philosophy apart from the fact that I use it as an escape mechanism to understand the complexity of human life and beyond without getting myself too worked up.
    I won't consider myself a stoic because I don't have enough research to prove it or rather enough introspection. But I would say drawn to it. It feels like a perfect bandage to a freakishly deep wound that is the uncertain world. But I observed that all stoics could possibly be hopeless romantics.
    Romance and love are different things love is a long drawn out struggle to hold things together while romance is rather more momentary.
    Stoics must be afraid of love considering the commitment and the work that goes in and the gigantic probability of all of it going to waste...just basically a lot of unrequired effort to put yourself through.
    While romance is something which is momentary, the idea of being with a person, right here, for now, just now. Seems good enough to make the efforts without the conscious of past and future. It seems like it falls right in with what stoics want with everything in their life. Just the intricacy of a singular moment of romance that's worth the efforts and not necessarily love but more like lust. And even if it doesn't come through they attract towards these opportunities of romance because they believe love isn't etched out in their destiny....but romance is still something unique exclusively made for them.

Would love to read what you think.
  • Miguel Hernández
    I have no idea, but I found it very sad that no one left you an answer.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.