• Dymora
    I was in a period of unbelievable stress and pressure. Amazing stretch of the most pressing life events one could imagine; Forest fire threatening second home, hurricane threatening other second home, partner mother die, my father die, retirement, things going SNAFU all over. Had a BIG cry (lasted about 20 minutes I think... time stood still) in a Home Depot lumber department and was completely and quickly overcome by peace, tranquility, clarity, resolve, a personality (a devout loner prior), and ability to tap the wealth of my knowledge in a way I never knew possible. I can not only recall everything in my life, but formulate with extreme clarity and precision. My mood can only be described as ecstatic; happy all the damn time, really. Genuine concern, empathy, and conversation with every living soul I meet. Very positive feedback from about 90%.
    I had an out of body experience when I was 6. I was mauled savagely by a dog. As I went out on the operating table, I sensed myself swimming above the people helping me. This event seemed similar. The date/time of the event (the cry) seems forever etched in my mind... 25 Aug, 2:35pm. I remember looking at my phone just prior. There are more details to the story. I have relayed the story to three physicians, a call in shrink, my cousin, and a very close friend.... now you. Nobody up to now, except my cousin, can put a name or see anything wrong with it as I am in the best shape of my life at 65. My attitude is over the top. Bad things are still there and dealt with, but dealt with using humor and determination rather than anger. I do not remember being angry, I mean at all, since 25 Aug. What happened to me? Oh, my cousin said I had or was having a nervous breakdown..... Jus' Sayin'
  • Outlander
    Well thankfully you don't have a third home to worry about otherwise you'd really be reeling. I'm sure you'll be fine.

No but really that's the thing. You got people living in uncivilized parts of the world who have little more than a large pile of mud and leaves to call home, who today probably witnessed one of their family fatally mauled by a tiger on the last hunt. Might take a while to believe or take seriously but you may stand to learn a few things from people like that.
  • Dymora
    I'm a Vietnam Veteran, seen enough bodies. I've lived off Beans and wieners for weeks at a time. I've been without home, family, friends, food. I already knew how to survive before 25 August. I don't think I knew how to live, however. Thanks for the feedback. Jus' Sayin'
  • I like sushi
    Dymora -

I don’t post here anymore, but this is something I can relate to.

What happened to you has happened to other people. I believe it happens to everyone, but not everyone recalls/recognises it.

I refer to it as an extreme altered state of consciousness. It could be a mini stroke or numerous other things. In scientific terms I’d say it has something to do with DMT (naturally released in the brain).

A common element of such transformations happen under various degrees of stress and strain. Like I said, I believe everyone has this but not everyone pays attention to it - various forms of psychosis are common features of this experience and so many are ‘given treatment’ instead of viewing the experience as being potentially part of a healing/growing/developing process (and of course, some people DO need treatment). It is a very hard thing to recognise/diagnose.

In simple human terms it appears you adjusted to a mental shift and released your new potentials. Believe it or not most people are scared of what they desire. ‘Fear’ is key. I’m sure during your experience - and since - you have less ‘fear’ and a far greater ability to step out of yourself (so to speak).

You could call this Jungian Individuation or easily compare it to ‘shamanic initiation’ (there are plenty of common features of what it means to become a ‘shaman’ and the repeatedly instances of physical and mental stresses the body is put under to reach certain ‘points’ - religious practices tap into this too.

Anyway, enjoy and explore :)

Happiness is nonsense as is sadness.
  • Julia
    Out of body experience....you just weren't meant to go yet. One is put on earth to accomplish or get through certain things first before they can leave. It can also just be a push to wake up and put your life on the right path. If this wasn't the case then every single person who ever tried to commit suicide would succeed but not everyone does and then most end up regretting their attempt. My cousin had several attempts already and I told her to fix herself up and that she'll have people to help her. She's now in healthcare and helping others. She is just where she needs to be and learned important lessons to now help others.

Stay safe. Live your fullest life to its potential. And if you are a believer in God then fulfill His plans that he has for you.
  • khaled
    Doesn't really seem like something a philosophy forum can answer. Maybe ask a neurologist or a psychologist. Or maybe just enjoy it for now because it seems like a pretty good state to be in whatever it is.
  • Dymora
    I do so appreciate your insightful post. It is a semblance of my reality that is strikingly similar to my experience. I have not had a chance to research your references as I have simply been trying to have the ability to describe the state in more educated detail; something a number of professionals and myself have been unable to do up to now. "DMT" "Jungian Individuation" "shamanic initiations" are terms I am unaware of. I will, with great vigor, do the necessary back work. I am extremely motivated to fully understand the potentials released to me, if not the physical mechanisms involved. One other trait that I forgot to mention remains persistent in my persona. I have an uncontrollable drive to connect with, emphasize with, interact with, and try and influence POSATIVELY virtually everyone I meet; grocery store, stop light, sidewalks, gas stations. I find the more I interact, the more I want to do it. I have found an amazing talent that allows me to say or do just the right thing as dictated by any given situation. It is not 100%, mind you, pretty close though. I get a very high score from my interaction for my various approaches. Thank you, truly. You have eased my mind as to the uncertainty of these (do I call this Metaphysical? Never a philosophically sharing individual before.) Your comments are definitely received with appreciation and some relief. I want to see how far this new potential will take me before I cast off this mortal coil.
  • Dymora
    I'm new to this whole philosophy thing. I have pretty much always thought in abstract terms on many subjects; thought to be the "weird one" Please excuse my lack of expertise and knowledge of the philosophy terms. I certainly would like to post things in the most relevant forums. I hope, with time and experience, I will gain a Symbian relationship with this fine forum. Thank you for your input. "ENDEVOUR TO PERCEVIER" CHEIF PROUDFOOT... LITTLE BIG MAN
  • Dymora
    KHALED, I would so much like to be a good member here. If you could give me some direction as to where I may find some basic definitions and decorum for the Forum, I would appreciate it.
    One other thing, can you advise me where I might post a theory of mine. I would like to put it in a forum that would be received and commented on by the most relevant individuals.

A Brief. It is a theory of tapping a latent human instinct that, I fell, is possessed by most if not all Humans by the human evolutionary process. I further feel that this "talent" can easily be nurtured, expanded, and can quite possibly form a new "evolution" of the human race toward a true overall Mental State. It involves non-verbal communications. I have taken real data over a pool of about 500 individuals. this is a limited pool, I understand. But the theory emerged quite clear to me. I have it in a basic Public Speaking 101 format that I was to read to a Vanderbilt PHD who never returned my call. Any Ideas? Thanks for your help and mentor.
  • Dymora
    Hi Julia, nice to see you again! I understand the outcome and, possibly at least, one "reason" for this type of events. I believe they happen, fur real, to many people... some accept / some don't. I feel the reasons are left up to the individual to decided based on the acceptance of the event. I am still in the discovery phase of this transformation. I find it very enjoyable to me and to most individuals I expose to my own new brand of reality. You, as well, stay safe and enlightened. ME
  • Dymora
    KHALED, I would so much like to be a good member here. If you could give me some direction as to where I may find some basic definitions and decorum for the Forum, I would appreciate it.
    One other thing, can you advise me where I might post a theory of mine. I would like to put it in a forum that would be received and commented on by the most relevant individuals.

A Brief. It is a theory of tapping a latent human instinct that, I fell, is possessed by most if not all Humans by the human evolutionary process. I further feel that this "talent" can easily be nurtured, expanded, and can quite possibly form a new "evolution" of the human race toward a true overall Mental State. It involves non-verbal communications. I have taken real data over a pool of about 500 individuals. this is a limited pool, I understand. But the theory emerged quite clear to me. I have it in a basic Public Speaking 101 format that I was to read to a Vanderbilt PHD who never returned my call. Any Ideas? Thanks for your help and mentor. I have copied this to another, like minded person. I'm normally not a Cut and Paste kinda guy but this is important to me.

BTW, I can make the most kiiler sushi, Nori rolls, Sashimi sauces. I do a Japanese / Mexican fusion. We need to do lunch. I'll have my people call your people.......
  • I like sushi
    Dymora -

It’s your’s. Own it, explore it and use it as you personally see fit.

It is a burden at first, and an exciting one, but it will ebb away little by little - as it must. The trick is to frame your current state and make a solid and honest memory of it because once the peek subsides you’ll barely believe yourself any longer (that is the seemingly perpetual state of the human condition).

Just know that what you have doesn’t matter as much as it does matter. It seems selfish to hold it whilst other’s don’t, but really ... it isn’t something that can be ‘communicated’; only recognised in others - smile and live. Talking to blind people about how beautiful the view is is not likely going to appeal to most of them.

To quote Clive Barker: “Be burn so hard yet shed so little light”... a little is enough :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.