• Aryamoy Mitra
    I initially attached this thread under The Lounge on the operation that it was interpersonal in nature, but I'm now reclassifying it.

What are the most extravagant, inexplicable or impractical dreams you hold or have held in the past? This is not a reference to dreams of material acquisitions (eg; being exorbitantly affluent), but instead to aspirations that concern one's identity, truth, meaning - and perhaps even supernaturalism. Given the evanescent nature of the human lifetime, it seems to me the case that foresights, in the form of objectives, act as a series of landmarks to a final destination. Without them, one becomes ultimately incapacitated. Most everyone is subject to them.

Outside this normative class of aspirations, however, I'd say there's a childlike, now submerged attitude in everyone that fixates on the radical and unrealistic. I don't believe one's zeal in becoming an astronaut vanishes overnight; it evolves into a calmer, less fervent state and is rewritten by the banalities and drudgeries of adulthood. There's nothing to say it can't be rediscovered, for example. Oftentimes, the constraints to one's imagination are what guard the gates to success and attainment.

Given this conception, what are some innately driven aspirations that you once held and now don't, irrespective of how trivial they may seem?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.