• Atman
    Some spiritual traditions describe consciousness as an ultimate subject, but i disagree with that. When thee feeling of individuality ceases, objects also. All remains is emptiness. Like the universe never came into existence.

Some might describe it differently, but this is how i experienced it.
  • frank
    Some might describe it differently, but this is how i experienced it.Atman

I think it's good to have that sense of authority derived from your own experience. Among the handful of indubitable things, your own experience stands at the center.

I'm more loose with explanations and matching my experience up to cultural images, though, especially if the words aren't in my language community.

There was a medieval Christian mystic named Eckhart who advised against putting much weight on strange experiences. He wanted to focus on a particular picture of reality which was Neoplatonic.

Different paths I guess.
  • Atman
    Meister Eckhart there, was referring to mystical experiences. (Hallucinations?) I never had any, so can't say much about it.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.