• Yozhura
    I'm starting to get scared of humanity. I feel like we're advancing way too fast. I'm not keeping up. Humanity grows so fast, it is scary! Just look at all the data we've left behind. We can use it instantaneously. Scary shit. The amount of humans required to do a simple task is quite a large amount. Our growth is getting out of hands.
  • Yozhura
    Let's add a little bit more to the hypothesis. We are growing a pyramid, which is supposed to distribute wealth to humans, but the top of the pyramid is acting greedy with resources. When the pyramid is turned around, the mass collapses under it's own weight
  • Outlander
    I feel like we're advancing way too fast.Yozhura

Seriously? Lol. Wake me when people figure out how to get from one place to the other without trampling each other to death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stampede#Examples_of_stampedes_and_crushes

Take away the tools of bloodshed and what do you have? Fancy steam engines and glorified pagers. No big whoop. Oh and I guess spacecraft that work. Most of the time. Undoubtedly to be used for more bloodshed at a later date.
  • Changeling
    Is it weird being afraid of humanity?

It's weird to use a gerund after an adjective
  • Yozhura

I'm not so sure myself
  • Pfhorrest
    Is it weird being afraid of humanity?

It's weird to use a gerund after an adjective
    Professor Death

It's not weird to rephrase "Is [doing something] [adjective]?" as "Is it [adjective] [doing something]?"
  • Banno
    Misanthropy seems quite natural in these times.
  • Streetlight
    Our growth has never been in our hands. At best we have been negotiators in it; perhaps it's possible to say that we are getting worse at doing so.
  • Yozhura
    Lets talk about overpopulation and technological advancement. Days are blending, consciousness is increasing, We all act based on a single argument, which is, Money either has value, or doesn't have value. Simplest way to interpret universe, a Bit. Ones and zeros.
  • Yozhura
    It would collapse global economy, just like that. Are we sure we want to rely on it? Shouldn't we have more say in it?
  • Changeling
    It's not weird to rephrase "Is [doing something] [adjective]?" as "Is it [adjective] [doing something]?"Pfhorrest

No, that's normal.
  • Pfhorrest
    Well that's what Yozhura did.

"Is [being afraid of humanity] [weird]?" --> "Is it [weird] [being afraid of humanity]?"
  • Changeling
    "Is [being afraid of humanity] [weird]?" --> "Is it [weird] [being afraid of humanity]?"Pfhorrest

They did the second, which is super weird.
  • Yozhura

Language is weird. It is but a way, to transmit data between us, which has been divided due to individuality.
  • Jack Cummins

There are many underlying issues related to being afraid of humanity and of course it is questionable whether being classed as wierd is in itself a bad thing. If you are implying that by being wierd is about difference, maybe conformity is not such a bad thing.
    One main issue that I can see is that the pressures of life in the twenty first century are that the people are expected to juggle so many stresses and perform to such a great level. Life has become so fast and competitive.
    I live in London and notice on a daily basis how inconsiderate of others people can be in fighting their own corners. Of course, we do need to stand up for ourselves but the way in which people bully and intimidate others often makes me want to hide away in a corner. I am indeed frightened about the way humanity is becoming, especially more so as individuals become more like robots. I would much rather be wierd, but do continue to seek out other wierd free spirits.
  • Kenosha Kid
    The amount of humans required to do a simple task is quite a large amount.Yozhura

This is odd. The amount of humans required to do any task is surely shrinking.
  • TheMadFool
    I think it would be weirder if you weren't afraid [of humanity]. It's probably unlikely that we're the only ones capable of snuffing out all life on earth but we're certainly on the list of possible causes of planetwide mass extinction.
  • Yozhura
    This is odd. The amount of humans required to do any task is surely shrinking.Kenosha Kid

But humanity is growing, while our need for work is shrinking.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.