• Dymora
    You decide what is real. You also decide what is not real. Based on all the usual suspects... heredity, life experiences, social programming... Blah, Blah, Blah... Jus' Sayin'
  • Banno
    You decide what is real.Dymora

Me?

Ok, you don't exist.
  • Outlander

Real is the opposite of what is "fake". So one must first ask, "what is fake?" The answer to that is subjective and based on one's beliefs, experiences, and what they assign a certain meaning or definition to. So, perhaps in a way, nothing is real. But everything can be.

If I lost a civil war, my badge and the authority it proclaims is "real"- but only to those who believe it to be, and "fake" to those who don't. Seems 'existent' and 'non-existent' are better terms to debate. Just because something 'exists' doesn't mean it's recognized or legal. Back to subjectivity. Popular opinion. Mob rule. Etcetera.
  • Dymora
    By even acknowledging me, you admitted I was real in your mind, right?
  • Banno
    Cheat! You said I could decide!

So your
    You decide what is real.Dymora
    was a lie!
  • Dymora
    BWWAAAAAAA, you got me there Big Guy. I have no answer for that logic...
  • Banno
    In that case, welcome to the forum.
  • Dymora
    "Love is tweeting bird... that sounds awful" - Spock
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.