• philosopher004
    I do not believe in an after life.I believe that after we die we just float in the void of 'non-consciousness'
    I call it non- consciousness and not unconsciousness for a special reason:When someone is rendered as unconscious by you it is done by comparing your own state of so called consciousness with the others state of unconsciousness.But in the realm of non consciousness their is no rendering.In simple words its just unconsciousness on a large scale.But I still shouldn't use unconsciousness because it is not rendered by anyone.

What is your take on this.
  • TheMadFool
    Well, I would've thought the state unconsciousness is something only a previously conscious entity can enter into. So, for example, the two of us, conscious beings, can become unconscious. By non-conscious people generally refer to things that were never conscious in the first place like rocks for example.
  • philosopher004
    So, for example, the two of us, conscious beings, can become unconscious. By non-conscious people generally refer to things that were never conscious in the first place like rocks for example.TheMadFool

True.And whats your view on afterlife.
  • batsushi7
    Perhaps after we stop existing, we turn into energy or something physical. I think unconsciousness is just a change of mode, also if consciousness happened once it probably will happen again,we got unlimited time, and possibilities, and i think the process will repeat it infinite amount of times.

I would like eternal life, so perhaps I wish I could turn into God, or some powerful being.
  • TheMadFool
    True.And whats your view on afterlife.philosopher004

That's something we all have to find out, preferably later than sooner. I wonder why?
  • philosopher004
    I would like eternal life, so perhaps I wish I could turn into God, or some powerful being.batsushi7

I have a video advice for you

Click here
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.