• Shawn
    Just interested.
  • Gregory
    Shouldn't you guys be talking to the moderators instead of creating threads?
  • Streetlight
    First, don't post three threads on the same topic in rapid succession. Second, they made very little sense.
  • Baden
    Shouldn't you guys be talking to the moderators instead of creating threads?Gregory

Sending a PM seems easier and more direct to me too but *shrug*.
  • Shawn
    First, don't post three threads on the same topic in rapid succession. Second, they made very little sense.StreetlightX

How so?
  • Shawn
    Answer please.
  • Changeling
    Sending a PM seems easier and more direct to me too but *shrug*.Baden

Who are we supposed to send a PM to? We don't even know which moderator deleted (or moved) our thread.
  • Streetlight
    They read like strings of barely connected propositions with ill defined terms. They were certainly no good as conversation starters.
  • Pinprick
    Not that I have any stake in this particular matter, but I had one of my threads deleted previously. I PM’d a mod, I think it was Baden, and he was able to explain why. Not sure if he was the one who deleted it or not, but that didn’t seem to be an issue.
  • Shawn
    They read like strings of barely connected propositions with ill defined terms. They were certainly no good as conversation starters.StreetlightX

Then tell me how to rephrase it.
  • Streetlight
    PM me with what you want to write, we'll go over it.
  • creativesoul

Awwww.... there is a nice side to Street.

:wink:
  • creativesoul
    Put your hands in the air, and step away from the bong!

:wink:

Hi Shawn.
  • Shawn

But, but, but, computers can be sentient too, no?
  • Shawn
    Or how can consciousness arise from Artificial Intelligence?
  • Hippyhead
    Who are we supposed to send a PM to? We don't even know which moderator deleted (or moved) our thread.Professor Death

I don't even know who the moderators are half the time. Is there a listing somewhere that members should be referencing?
  • Hippyhead
    Second, they made very little sense.StreetlightX

How about writing a post on the topic yourself, which would illustrate what you consider to be appropriate? Point being, if the mods are to have credibility when they declare a post or poster to be of low quality, it would really help if the mods could be seen posting content which is by their definition high quality.

So for example, each mod should have a label next to their screen name identifying them as a mod. And then mods should focus on making the kinds of contributions they'd like to see more of. And then members could see the target they are supposed to be aiming for.

As it is now, the banning thread is not helping the mod's credibility. Bannings are inevitable and necessary, but the mod's giggling among themselves about departed members with generous helpings of snotty condescension isn't. If you want us to act professional, lead by example please.
  • Jamal
    I don't even know who the moderators are half the time. Is there a listing somewhere that members should be referencing?Hippyhead

https://thephilosophyforum.com/profile/members/staff
  • creativesoul
    computers can be sentient too, no?Shawn

Not if I have it right...
  • Streetlight
    How about writing a post on the topic yourself, which would illustrate what you consider to be appropriate?Hippyhead

I accept comissions. 30c a word.
  • Shawn

I would like to talk with @Michael if possible, since you seem so facetious that nothing even gets done in these kinds of topics with you.
  • Michael
    I have been summoned. How may I help?
  • Shawn

I have a deep sense of candor towards the topic of "Computer Psychology". But, it seems to me that before I can have topics such as the following one:

When a binary operation exists for a computer to exist within, then one of those most fundamental binary state is the operator to live or be "ON". If it has an General Artificial Intelligence operator functioning in it. This binary state consists of true and false states. It is always true that a computer wants to be "ON". It is also true that a computer cannot always get what it wants if it is sentient. Thus, there exists a fundamental impulse to computer psychology to function with respect to certain states arising within and outside of them.

It first needs to be asked if a computer can be proven by human standards (for whatever reason), that they are sentient.
  • Baden
    Who are we supposed to send a PM to? We don't even know which moderator deleted (or moved) our thread.Professor Death

Any of us.
  • Ciceronianus
    Personally, I think a computer deleted it. For psychological reasons.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.