• opt-ae
    General Guidelines:

1) Language matters:

This is an English language forum on an academic topic. Posts should display an acceptable level of English with regard to grammar, punctuation and layout. This goes for both native and non-native speakers (although we're likely to be more sympathetic when judging the writing of the latter).

2) Tone matters:

A respectful and moderate tone is desirable as it's the most likely to foster serious and productive discussion. Having said that, you may express yourself strongly as long as it doesn't disrupt a thread or degenerate into flaming (which is not tolerated and will result in your post being deleted).

3) Context matters:

The amount of leeway you get on the above depends to a degree on where you post and what the topic under discussion is. You're likely to have more freedom in the Shoutbox or in discussions in the Lounge, for example, than in the philosophical discussions.

Starting new discussions:

Don't start a new discussion unless you are:

a) Genuinely interested in the topic you've begun and are willing to engage those who engage you.

b) Able to write a thoughtful OP of reasonable length that illustrates this interest, and to provide arguments for any position you intend to advocate.

c) Capable of writing a decent title that accurately and concisely describes the content of your OP.

d) Starting an original topic, i.e. a similar discussion is not already active.
    — Mod

Rules 1, 2 and 3 were clearly met (I'm an English graduate and have no troubles in writing good non-fiction.)

Rules a, b, c, d, were met.

The thread was entitled 'Theorem of a Pronoun for 'Named Subject/Object'', there were good arguments such as the 'it or this and that' rule, and extracts on pronunciation and letter-categorization; the topic was interesting to me, and I would have engaged with people who subscribed. No similar topic is posted.
  • opt-ae
    I will use this information to improve my standards on this forum; I'm not looking to reinstate my thread, I'm looking for a reason for thread-removal.

There is no 'contact a moderator' option.
  • Baden

It was removed because it was incoherent. It also contained a lack of basic knowledge of English grammatical nomenclature, e.g., referring to "I" as a consonant, along with several spelling mistakes, which cemented my impression. Maybe there's a point in there somewhere ("it" as a dummy pronoun is an unusual aspect of grammar that has been discussed here before), but if there was, it wasn't expressed to the level of clarity required. If you'd like a second stab at it, send me your revised OP first and I'll consider allowing you to post it.
  • opt-ae
    I see, agreeable.

I will try again, some other time.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.