• Shawn
    It sounds somewhat entitling and pleasing to say that a person can have a justified psychology. Yet, such a psychology is very demanding towards themselves. It demands a careful and painstaking detail towards the attainment of goals at the right time and circumstance along with a very strong drive.

Can anyone tell me of how to attain a justified psychology?
  • tim wood
    How about a little more coherence to start with. What is, "... a ... detail towards the attainment"?

If you're asking how to be a mentally healthy person, keeping in mind your 10k+ posts, many on this topic, and in consideration of all the self-help books I'm sure you have perused, my advice to you is to get out and start being one. That's what mentally healthy people do: they get out and do and practice and be - and learn from their mistakes.
  • Brett

my advice to you is to get out and start being one.tim wood

Yes but what do you need to be one? To attain goals I would suggest very sharp teeth to begin with.
  • tim wood
    First, you need to get over your need for needs. Mentally healthy people don't have such. They just go out and be. And they learn to find appropriate pleasure and happiness in their being. Note the word learn.

As to "very sharp teeth," maybe for a shark. Is that your idea of a mentally healthy person?
  • Brett

Is Shawn talking about being mentally healthy? What are the goals he’s talking about? What exactly is a justified psychology?
  • tim wood
    Last I checked, I'm not Shawn. Although I was thinking that "Brett" is a nom-de-plume, or aka, for Shawn. Are you Shawn?
  • Brett

I’m guessing you’re being facetious. I just wanted to be clear what we’re talking about in addressing Shawn’s post. You brought up mental health, so I asked is that what’s meant by justified psychology.
  • tim wood
    I’m guessing you’re being facetious. I just wanted to be clear what we’re talking about in addressing Shawn’s post. You brought up mental health, so I asked is that what’s meant by justified psychology.Brett

If you read my reply to Shawn, I asked him a) for coherence and b) if he was asking about mental health - his answer still pending.

And no I'm not being facetious. Somewhere I got the idea that Shawn was posting under two names - or at least three all told - and that "Brett" was the other one. As to what Shawn means, I have no idea.
  • Brett

Is justified psychology being mentally healthy or just getting what you want?
  • tim wood
    Is justified psychology being mentally healthy or just getting what you want?Brett

Now I'm sure you're Shawn, and either way, may I remind you I'm tim wood, neither Brett nor Shawn. And to me, "justified psychology" is a two-word salad.
  • Shawn
    I am neither Brett nor Shawn. But, I digress as the map is not the territory.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.