• Benj96
    Ultimate freedom to me is the ability to do anything, be anywhere and know anything. Omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience. In essence to be truly free one is omnipotential or completely undefined.

I say undefined because in this state you are not defined in time or space or quality. Pu are just the potential to be defined. The potential for change itself. Because to define something is relative to the environment from which is was defined by contrast. As a wave is a qualitatively, temporally and a spatially defined process that occurs in the sea (a baseline state/field so to speak).

But here is the contradictory nature of such qualities. If I am omnipotent I must be the spectrum between that with greatest potency and that with least potency (ability to do work) or the "entropic gradient" - that which acts and that which is acted upon.

If I have to be acting and acted upon then I have to be defined by time. A cause and an effect. Also if I am to have these temporally based interactions I cannot be travelling at the same velocity and therefore I cannot be massless.

If I have a spatial definition, temporal definition and quality (mass) then I cannot be omnipotent or omnipotential.

It seems the only true freedom is to be a God?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.