• Benj96
    Discuss :)
  • Marchesk
    You could have done otherwise in a parallel universe where random stray particle of radiation interacted with a microtuble in your brain.
  • A Seagull

Why would anyone care?
  • Benj96
    Do you think alternate me cares as much about me as I care about him?
  • Outlander
    While I agree you could have definitely expanded a bit on this particular thread.. *hint*

It is reminiscent of another thread along the lines of free will vs. determinism. Myself I find pondering things that already happened have virtually no utility, same with taking the time to ponder and "feel" either liberated or restricted by the thought of either. What is, is. And what will be, will be.

I will say. Overthinking determinists are in fact predetermined to do less or at least have less motivation then one determined to believe in free will. I'd say this is a fact. True regardless of respective possibility.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.