• Frank Apisa
    Yesterday, our governor signed an EO opening our parks and golf courses here in New Jersey. The day before, he had a meeting with Trump…and came out of the meeting saying good things about him. (I think Gov. Murphy had a sardonic smile on his face while making the comments, but that may just be me.)

Keep in mind that Trump does most of his summer golfing right here in New Jersey at the golf course he owns just a long drive and a three wood away from where I live. I am sure Trump is VERY happy that golf courses are now open in New Jersey.

The philosophy part of this issue involves the question: Does it make sense to butter-up (or ass-kiss) a guy like Trump in order to get a bit more consideration and flex for our state?

Ass-kissing, has always seemed to me to be rather questionable ethical conduct, but with the current situation, I seem to be back tracking on that.

My current rationalization goes: A kiss is just a little thing…and the ass being kissed is enormous.

Two questions arise: One…am I compromising my own ethics by taking that attitude?...

…and…Is ass-kissing on the part of our governor under these circumstances reasonably ethical?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet