• rob staszewski
    G'day folks, I won't pretend to be other than from down under and it looks like we've been reasonably lucky so far. Thus I've no idea exactly how I'd be coping in the States or Europe, still a couple of thoughts. Our national government has formed a so called national cabinet with all the heads of our states and territories and it seems to be a considerable help in seeing things through. These leaders come from both major sides of our peculiar form of politics and indeed our, till now, very conservative national leadership have had no trouble working with our union leadership as well as business both large and small. I'm not sure but the Germans seem to have it reasonably together as well.
    Now to the tricky part, I'm distressed about the current tragedy occurring throughout the disparate regions of the USA and dreading what the future may hold in store for the poorer regions of our world. Brazil already shows ominous signs (pardon me if I've just stood on sore toes), but here I go. Citizens of the States are you happy with your leadership? Both Trump and Biden appear not only unappealing from here, but close to disastrous. Is there a possibility that concerned folks could pressure the leadership of your nation to start working together? How about Congress dropping the Democrat/ Republican divide and getting the immense resources of your nation going? Your rich are incredibly so, yet your poor are dying, it really does not seem a good look from the outside. Britain does not seem much better, I just hope not too many people die.
    I know Australia is small cheese, (is California's GDP larger than ours?), our manufacturing base is pretty much zilch these days, but what could the focused productivity of the States, China, Europe, Japan and India achieve, if quickly harnessed, to prevent tragedy in the poorer societies in the world?
  • Streetlight
    This discussion was merged into Coronavirus
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.