• Gnostic Christian Bishop
    1. How do you feel about ancient temple prostitution in ancient Iraq.christian2017

They were a major part of the economy and had their a great value and the respect of the people.

2. Are you aware Joshua didn't commit genocide because there were plenty of Amorite cities in ancient Iraq at the time of Joshua. ~1300 BC.christian2017

Genocide need not be a complete decimation of a people. Jews were never close to full extinction but we use genocide to express what happened to them. Jews see Yahweh as evil for some of his instruction to cause destruction.

3. If you killed someone's parents (Amorite/Canaanite) are you supposed to tell the surviving child "i murdered your parents, when you are a teenager you'll understand these adult things"christian2017

Only if you are stupid.

4. were there adoption agencies in the 2nd millenium?christian2017

Sure.

5. Would you argue some behavior is worthy of capital punishment?christian2017

Yes, but only if it is to prevent murder. I do not believe in capital punishment as a nation cannot be seen as revering life if they are taking it. Saving some via murder shows the veneration of life. The good of the many outweighs the good of the few.

6. Were you aware that the Amorites were known for child sacrifice? The later Jews were too and i understand that . The Bible speaks against that.christian2017

Where city states had finite resources, it was either kill the new babies or kill the workers who were more important than another hungry mouth that could not feed itself. Baby sacrifices were kept to a minimum and that was helped along by the Temple Prostitutes and the religions that tried to sanctify sex between men and their wives so as to keep pregnancies to a minimum. History has overblown the numbers as most nations did not have to do much of it. Killing babies is revolting to all people and it was only done in dire times.

7. Would you say the Amorite children (non-adults) went to heavenchristian2017

There was no heaven at that time. Just shoal, the grave, if I recall correctly. Christianity invented heaven and hell only much latter.

How does genocide directly (as opposed to indirectly) relate to the teachings of Jesus Christ? Is the Roman Papacy a good way to judge Christianity?christian2017

Christianity, like all entities, are to be judged on their moral thinking and ethical actions, regardless of their belief in imaginary gods.

As to Jesus and his return, I adlib. Choose me as god or die. That is genocide of all non-believers.

Regards
    DL
  • christian2017
    1. How do you feel about ancient temple prostitution in ancient Iraq.
    — christian2017

They were a major part of the economy and had their a great value and the respect of the people.

2. Are you aware Joshua didn't commit genocide because there were plenty of Amorite cities in ancient Iraq at the time of Joshua. ~1300 BC.
    — christian2017

Genocide need not be a complete decimation of a people. Jews were never close to full extinction but we use genocide to express what happened to them. Jews see Yahweh as evil for some of his instruction to cause destruction.

3. If you killed someone's parents (Amorite/Canaanite) are you supposed to tell the surviving child "i murdered your parents, when you are a teenager you'll understand these adult things"
    — christian2017

Only if you are stupid.

4. were there adoption agencies in the 2nd millenium?
    — christian2017

Sure.

5. Would you argue some behavior is worthy of capital punishment?
    — christian2017

Yes, but only if it is to prevent murder. I do not believe in capital punishment as a nation cannot be seen as revering life if they are taking it. Saving some via murder shows the veneration of life. The good of the many outweighs the good of the few.

6. Were you aware that the Amorites were known for child sacrifice? The later Jews were too and i understand that . The Bible speaks against that.
    — christian2017

Where city states had finite resources, it was either kill the new babies or kill the workers who were more important than another hungry mouth that could not feed itself. Baby sacrifices were kept to a minimum and that was helped along by the Temple Prostitutes and the religions that tried to sanctify sex between men and their wives so as to keep pregnancies to a minimum. History has overblown the numbers as most nations did not have to do much of it. Killing babies is revolting to all people and it was only done in dire times.

7. Would you say the Amorite children (non-adults) went to heaven
    — christian2017

There was no heaven at that time. Just shoal, the grave, if I recall correctly. Christianity invented heaven and hell only much latter.

How does genocide directly (as opposed to indirectly) relate to the teachings of Jesus Christ? Is the Roman Papacy a good way to judge Christianity?
    — christian2017

Christianity, like all entities, are to be judged on their moral thinking and ethical actions, regardless of their belief in imaginary gods.

As to Jesus and his return, I adlib. Choose me as god or die. That is genocide of all non-believers.

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

All your answers point to these questions indicate you are apart of a messed up religion. Lets go through them one at a time.

So you are saying any from of prostitution is alright? Or just temple prostitution if it helps the economy?

You have no reason whatsoever to accuse all christians of being satanic. Based on your answers (because you accused me of being satanic many times), you are every bit as Satanic as any Roman Pope supporter.

If Amorites engaged in Temple Prostitution that justifies their nation in getting destroyed. Where there is temple prostitution there very often is pedaphilia just in case you didn't know. And you said you are against pedaphilia. Temple prostitution in and of itself is bad enough.

Many Many Many times have you said bad stuff about the Roman Papacy. I agree with you the Roman Papacy has many problems.

2. When Joshua killed the Amorites in Canaan the goal was not to kill all the Amorites but specific city states due to their excessive wickedness. This was actually very common among all peoples of the ancient world". Are you familiar with the "Irish book of Invastions"?

your response below:
    "Are you aware Joshua didn't commit genocide because there were plenty of Amorite cities in ancient Iraq at the time of Joshua. ~1300 BC.
    — christian2017

Genocide need not be a complete decimation of a people. Jews were never close to full extinction but we use genocide to express what happened to them. Jews see Yahweh as evil for some of his instruction to cause destruction."

3. the point of number 3 is you can't raise someone elses to teenager hood if you killed their parents.

4. What makes you think their were adoption agencies in ~1300 bc.

5. So you are saying war is never justified. Joshua didn't commit genocide, he attacked specific city states.

6. you answer to number 6 tells me in my mind that you are in line with the Roman Papacy which you claim you are against. I have no reason to believe your ethics are better than the ethics of a typical christian. But since this is an online forum we'll both continue to go back and forth discussing your crap.

7. "Would you say the Amorite children (non-adults) went to heaven
    — christian2017

How does genocide directly (as opposed to indirectly) relate to the teachings of Jesus Christ? Is the Roman Papacy a good way to judge Christianity?"

Chrisianity didn't make up hell, it dates back to the time "the epic of gilgamesh" was written if not before. Alot of what you believe about Christianity is common unproven crap said on college campuses. Heaven is talked about in the later books of the old testament including the book of Isaiah.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    So you are saying any from of prostitution is alright?christian2017

I am not interested in reversing all your asinine assumption, especially when you associate me with a religion other than my own.
    I am also not interested in your lies or attempts to justify your a hole god's genocides based on faith instead of morals.

Regards
    DL
  • christian2017
    So you are saying any from of prostitution is alright?
    — christian2017

I am not interested in reversing all your asinine assumption, especially when you associate me with a religion other than my own.
    I am also not interested in your lies or attempts to justify your a hole god's genocides based on faith instead of morals.

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

I am not interested in reversing all your asinine assumptions, especially when you associate me with a concept of a religion other than my own.

I am also not interested in your banal thinking that sounds like an 18 years old view of all religions, to justify abortion, rape, and temple prostitution based on semi-post-modernist concept of right and wrong.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.