• Benkei
    Biden did shit except show up and not stumble. It's people like Stacey Abrams that won this election for him.
  • Olivier5
    Washington resembles East Germany.NOS4A2

This was always the case. What has changed is the rise of domestic terrorism.
  • Olivier5
    Biden did shit except show up and not stumble. It's people like Stacey Abrams that won this election for him.Benkei

A lot of folks have showed up and stumbled, though. It’s quite facile and shallow now to say that it was a shoe-in, after he won, or that this or that person helped more than he did. Abrams too wanted Trump gone, and she did what she thought was necessary to achieve this.
  • ssu
    Biden did shit except show up and not stumble.Benkei
    Which is exactly the thing how to beat Trump. Not doing much is sometimes the correct thing.

Not to be a Bernie, which likely would have kept Trump in office. Yet now he has to do much with Covid-19, or otherwise it's back to the normal situation of the President being a hated person.
  • Benkei
    I didn't say it was a shoe in, I'm saying it's not Biden that won the election. Other people did it for him. It's the Squad chosing not to make waves, Bernie endorsing and community organisers getting out the vote, Trump being a moronic idiot, etc.
  • Michael
    So what's Biden done so far?

Biden targets Trump's legacy with first-day executive actions

• Launches a "100 Days Masking Challenge" asking Americans to wear masks for 100 days. Requires masks and physical distancing in federal buildings, on federal lands and by government contractors, and urges states and local governments to do the same.
    • Stops the United States' withdrawal from the World Health Organization, with Dr. Anthony Fauci becoming the head of the delegation to the WHO
    • Creates the position of Covid-19 Response Coordinator, reporting directly to Biden and managing efforts to produce and distribute vaccines and medical equipment
    • Extends the existing nationwide moratorium on evictions and foreclosures until at least March 31
    • Extends the existing pause on student loan payments and interest for Americans with federal student loans until at least September 30
    • Rejoins the Paris climate accord, a process that will take 30 days
    • Cancels the Keystone XL pipeline and directs agencies to review and reverse more than 100 Trump actions on the environment
    • Rescinds the Trump administration's 1776 Commission, directs agencies to review their actions to ensure racial equity
    • Prevents workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity
    • Requires non-citizens to be included in the Census and apportionment of congressional representatives
    • Fortifies DACA after Trump's efforts to undo protections for undocumented people brought into the country as children
    • Reverses the Trump administration's restrictions on US entry for passport holders from seven Muslim-majority countries
    • Undoes Trump's expansion of immigration enforcement within the United States
    • Halts construction of the border wall by terminating the national emergency declaration used to fund it
    • Extends deferrals of deportation and work authorizations for Liberians with a safe haven in the United States until June 30, 2022
    • Requires executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge barring them from acting in personal interest and requiring them to uphold the independence of the Department of Justice
    • Directs OMB director to develop recommendations to modernize regulatory review and undoes Trump's regulatory approval process
  • Olivier5
    didn't say it was a shoe in, I'm saying it's not Biden that won the election. Other people did it for him. It's the Squad chosing not to make waves, Bernie endorsing and community organisers getting out the vote, Trump being a moronic idiot, etc.Benkei

You mean it was a collective effort? You bet.

America had to pull it back together. The choice was between democracy, however imperfect, and neofascism. The Squad chose their side a long time ago, and so did Bernie.

000_8Z74CA.jpg
  • Kenosha Kid
    Evil man :rofl:

Tbf though this is the Not Trump candidate being not Trump.
  • Olivier5
    Go easy on us. We've heard only primal screams coming out of the White House for the past four years... That may be too long a list of rational, creative and potentially useful policy decisions for many of us to process at this stage.
  • frank
    The Proud Boys and two other extreme rightist militia groups are abandoning Trump because he left office and didn't pardon those involved in the Capitol attack.

"On Wednesday, the Proud Boys Telegram group welcomed President Biden to office. “At least the incoming administration is honest about their intentions,” the group wrote."

NYT
  • NOS4A2
    Damn. 4000 died of covid on Biden’s first day. That’s more than 911.
  • Kenosha Kid
    Damn. 4000 died of covid on Biden’s first day. That’s more than 911.NOS4A2

When did they contract Covid? Who was President then?

Ridiculous comment.
  • NOS4A2

It’s a joke, idiot. Keep your panties dry.
  • Kenosha Kid
    It’s a joke, idiot. Keep your panties dry.NOS4A2

Does it not worry you that it was indistinguishable from your nominally serious comments?
  • NOS4A2

Terrible move. America’s downfall is occurring at a frightening pace.
  • Mikie

Not a bad start. Ezra Klein had a decent article today in the NY Times about the Democrats. If they want to win, they should enact legislation that effects peoples lives directly. Unlike the early days of the Obama administration, they should be much bolder. In order to do that, they'd have to destroy the filibuster -- and that probably won't happen, mainly because of Joe Manchin. So we'll have to see what they can do through reconciliation.

If they haven't learned anything, and lay down, then there's no chance for this country or for their chances in 2022.
  • Streetlight
    Oh boy. I'd say I can't wait for videos of the muh freedums crowd getting dragged out of these things kicking and screaming, but they're liable to hurt people while doing it. Still probably gonna enjoy them tho, provided others don't get shot.
  • Mikie
    Terrible move. America’s downfall is occurring at a frightening pace.NOS4A2

lol. What a shocker that the guy up Trump's ass would say this.
  • frank
    It’s a joke, idiot. Keep your panties dry.NOS4A2

Nos's demeanor has gone to shit.
  • NOS4A2

It has nothing to do with Trump.

Health mandates are left to the states for a reason.
  • Streetlight
    Caught up with the rest of him.
  • NOS4A2

Frank’s snivelling has only increased.
  • Mikie
    It has nothing to do with Trump.

Health mandates are left to the states for a reason.
    NOS4A2

Let me be as unambiguous as I can: I look at you with utter contempt. Your "opinions" are completely worthless. You made your choice a long time ago.

Thus, having you come out strongly against something furthers my confidence that it's the right move. For example, I was on the fence about a national mandate -- now I know it's the correct move. So thank you.
  • NOS4A2

That figures.
  • frank
    Frank’s snivelling has only increased.NOS4A2

I think you're traumatized by Trump's departure. This video will help with your PTSD:

• ssu
    Damn. 4000 died of covid on Biden’s first day. That’s more than 911.NOS4A2
    I think that for a long time more people have died than on 9/11. Wasn't that number reached in the end of last year or so?
  • Kenosha Kid
    Not a lot of people are talking about Bill Clinton clearly falling asleep during the inauguration.

8d595590-5b77-11eb-bc79-167632ed7efe

Sleepy Bill.
  • ssu
    Biden started with his first policy decisions.

Looks partly like a "third" Obama administration (as basically his administration is largely made up of Obama administration veterans):

- Halting of the construction of the border wall by terminating the national emergency declaration used to fund it was a sure bet. But I guess Trump got 5 miles of totally new wall built somewhere where there hadn't been anything.

- Lifting the Trump travel ban was obvious. Yet you have the pandemic and all the restrictions with that, so...

- Undoes Trump's expansion of immigration enforcement within the United States.

- Joining the Paris climate accord was obvious too. Cooperation is good on this subject.

- Rescinds the Trump administration's 1776 Commission, directs agencies to review their actions to ensure racial equity. (1619 Project wins! The US was built on and for slavery, or something through those lines. Oh those evil founding fathers.)

- Requires executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge barring them from acting in personal interest and requiring them to uphold the independence of the Department of Justice. That surely will solve all problems.

- Directs OMB director to develop recommendations to modernize regulatory review and undoes Trump's regulatory approval process. (Did Trump have a process?)

- Halting the Keystone pipeline, so I guess that rail transport of oil is a winner then.
    BN-FR879_expert_G_20141124000833.jpg

Well, Biden started actually like Trump: reversing on day one his predecessor's decisions. But unlike Trump, I guess Biden got a lot more reversed on the first day that Donald did.

That's the healing from the first day! :joke:
  • NOS4A2
    We’ve been told for days to suspect violent outbursts in the capitols of all states, and that this is the reason for Joe Xiden’s inauguration, which looked more like a military instillation.

The soldiers were first subjected to ideological purity tests, some sent home for “inappropriate texts” and “ties to far-right militia groups”. Then the soldiers were virtually discarded after Pelosi’s fantasies were proven stupid.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/01/22/national-guard-troops-moved-to-a-cramped-parking-garage-complain-of-ingratitude-after-being-ordered-to-bug-out-of-capitol-building-they-came-to-protect/

A sign of things to come.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet