• Kratos1
    These are my quotes

M.1" if Infinity had to create something, that some will only be another Infinity, because it doesn't have the ability to create something finite."

M.2 "The only way Infinity can create something that's is finite, is by becoming finite and then it will obtain the ability to create something that's finite."

Alot of people think because Infinity is everything, creating something finite is like nothing to it. But what they dont understand is that the simple fact of it being never ending causes it to loose its ability to create something finite.

M.3 :"If god exists then he is not god, if god doesnt exists then he is god."

God can't be referred as "he" or "she" or "it" as it would limit god, defining god as a person or a being who is not god. This is depended on if we are part of Infinity or finite in both contexts god is meaningless.

E.g.
    If we are part of Infinity.
    Let's say god is infinite and created (something contains us and everything we dont know yet) (iam temporarily accepting creationism that every religion uses, to point how it make no sense. Iam not saying god created us, you can't say he created us, as Infinity has no beginning or end.) That something will be infinite as god can't create something finite due to the nature of god is infinite. The creature in the something god created will be infinite so the whole god concept will go out the window making it meaningless.

If we are part of finite.
    Let's say god is finite he or she (you can say he or she as god is limited) created us, he used all of his knowledge to create and so we will be able to know and learn all of his knowledge, in this creation the one with most of the knowledge will be god due to this, again the whole concept of god becomes meaningless. Iam sure we are not part of this finite as we came up with the concept of Infinity. In a finite universe we will only able to comput within the limits of the finite creation you cant go beyond the limits if you do go beyond limit by coming up with concept of Infinity then you know your not part of finite but infinity.

I might have made some mistakes if you dont understand this leave a reply I will try to explain.

I challenge you guys to break this and share if like this. Thanks
  • christian2017
    If we are part of Infinity.
    Let's say god is infinite and created (something contains us and everything we dont know yet) (iam temporarily accepting creationism that every religion uses, to point how it make no sense. Iam not saying god created us, you can't say he created us, as Infinity has no beginning or end.) That something will be infinite as god can't create something finite due to the nature of god is infinite. The creature in the something god created will be infinite so the whole god concept will go out the window making it meaningless.
    Kratos1

when you say meaningless, do you actually mean contradictory or a irrational concept because of the nature of infinity in its relation to whether there is a god?
  • Kratos1

What I meant by Meaningless is to have no meaning or insignificant or pointless because Infinity has infinite Infinity so that make us infinite as we are part of the Infinity. And when you this part t"here is a god" we can't say this as it categorise god in the existence section which basically says god is just another being who is not a god.
    And thank you very much for you reply.
  • christian2017
    What I meant by Meaningless is to have no meaning or insignificant or pointless because Infinity has infinite Infinity so that make us infinite as we are part of the Infinity. And when you this part t"here is a god" we can't say this as it categorise god in the existence section which basically says god is just another being who is not a god.
    And thank you very much for you reply.
    Kratos1

I understand that theologians say that god is infinite but i don't even know that they know how to explain themselves. This concept in theology is rarely explained because of a lack of understanding Proverbs chapter 1 (subtlety and spectrum). Time might be infinite (might be) but just because time is infinite, does that mean god is infinite? Are you aware that there may have been more than one big bang. If you roll a trillion sided die a trillion times you are likely to roll a 10003 atleast on time. (a brief history of time by Stephen Hawkings).

ESV, KJV, New Arabic Version and Hebrew all point to an old earth.
  • Kratos1

You misunderstood my post iam not trying to say god is infinite that's not the point iam making I saying god has to be infinite, to be god but then God becomes meaningless as whatever or anyone god creates is also infinite. And I dont think you truly grasp what Infinity is. Their is no 1 Infinity or 2 Infinity their is only Infinity within it there are infinite Infinities and within those there are infinite Infinities and it goes on for Infinity.

Also are you aware your using limits to describe or explain or contemplate Infinity. E.g. like a number 12 is limited but it not limited if you drive in deep that 12 can be infinite itself, your just using the top part like the number 12 but their is an Infinity between going from 11 to 12.
  • christian2017
    You misunderstood my post iam not trying to say god is infinite that's not the point iam making I saying god has to be infinite, to be god but then God becomes meaningless as whatever or anyone god creates is also infinite. And I dont think you truly grasp what Infinity is. Their is no 1 Infinity or 2 Infinity their is only Infinity within it there are infinite Infinities and within those there are infinite Infinities and it goes on for Infinity.

Also are you aware your using limits to describe or explain or contemplate Infinity. E.g. like a number 12 is limited but it not limited if you drive in deep that 12 can be infinite itself.
    Kratos1

Is there an infinite space between two bugs that are 1 inch apart? The answer is no. There is a greek parable that addresses this problem. While 10 and 11 have an infinite "decimal" numbers between them is really just a way of saying it can be broken up into an infinite parts but on most levels there is not an infinite between 10 and 11. Its you doesn't understand infinite. On any given issue or relationship, there are many levels that you must or possibly could describe the relationship with. I don't know what you mean by god is infinite when you ask the question "if god is infinite then.....". See my previous post if you would like.
  • alcontali
    I challenge you guys to break thisKratos1

Imagine that you were born in a box, with no windows, and that you never came out of it. What would you be able to know about who made that box?
  • Kratos1

Interesting thought experiment but with so many holes. First of all explain the physics, biology and chemistry of how it is possible to be born in a box and second of all before jumping to who made the box check if you alive or not and if their is an environment that you can live in and see and experience it with all the senses, then I would say based on if the box is limited, the creator of the box is just another being who has more knowledge and understanding then me.
  • Kratos1

You just prove that you believe what you see that doesn't work like that all the time, why do you think people invented telescopes and microscopes that are uniquely made to see in other wave length cause they know that our eyes are not built see those wave length.

"Is there an infinite space between two bugs that are 1 inch apart? The answer is no."

There can infinite space it's all depended on the perspective, to you thats just 1 inch to an ant that's 10 meter and to a microscopic organism that same space is can be 10 km. To you decimal are not so important but to these creature that's very important without the "decimal" you would not be standing or alive.

It you who is limiting Infinity and you telling me that I don't understand it. Yes. Your right I don't understand cause it will take me an infinite amount of time to understand and that will make me god.
  • christian2017

So what your implying is distance is relative?
  • Kratos1

Distance is relative it was theorized by Einstein and proven by modern science astronomers use it all the time to calculate the distance between celestial bodies.

My post is not about distance or relative it's about how god becomes insignificant in both infinite and finite context. I personally side with Infinity and the proof for this is that I can think about infinity. E.g. a computer program which was made to generate 1 to 10 number would not be able to generate number beyond 10 like 42 without altering its programming. The answer is no. Same thing with Infinity I know it exist because I was able to grasp the concept and understand it that It is never ending.
  • christian2017
    Distance is relative it was theorized by Einstein and proven by modern science astronomers use it all the time to calculate the distance between celestial bodies.Kratos1

time is relaive, that was proven by einstein. Try again my friend. If an electron or marble takes up a finite space and you line up (same size marbles) 100 marbles next to each other they will always have the same length in relation to a 12 inch ruler. Lets say hypothetically you are right about distance being relative, you would have to try much harder to prove it. Read the book "A brief history of time" by Stephen Hawkings. Or get a book on relativity and also start with Newtonian physics before moving on to more advanced subjects. Believe it or not most modern conveniences are built using either Newtonian physics or a 19th century (1800s) understanding of Physics or physical science.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.