• Wheatley
    It's often said that life is a roller coaster, one moment you are up and the next moment you are down. Some people compare the ups and downs of life as analogous to the heart beat. An EKG monitor shows a living person heart beat go up and down; A flat line means you're dead. There's a Guns and Roses song called Welcome to the Jungle, one of the lyrics of that song states that: "when you're high you never ever wanna come down." The first question is: Why don't we want to come down?

I worry about getting high emotionally because I'm afraid of the comedown; some say it's harsh. The specific thing that scares me most about a comedown is the crash. It's assumed by many that when you go from being high, to being low, you automatically crash. But is that true? When real roller coasters are well maintain and all safety precautions are in effect, there is no crash. The roller coaster drop is both exhilarating and smooth. The drop is safe, no crash.

My second question is: If a real roller coaster doesn't normally crash when it comes down, is there anything we can do to avoid the crash when we come down emotionally?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.