• Qwex
    Ought we be thankful for wisdom(being mentally experienced in some set of all sets)? Probably the highest kind of self sense.

Is it a good virtue?
    Is it sanity?
    Is it intellectual judgement?

I think it's important to be thankful if you want to achieve overall success.

You can either respect or disrespect, metaphorically particiles capture and collide. This allows you to respect, or disrespect. The more you respect a moment the more within it's time frequency you are, the less respect you have, the less likely you are to cause a major shift.

If you want to show respect, you're thankful, this is just an experienced answer, and skillful use of mind.

Is thankful above love? Are we thankful more so during love?

Why are so many people religious then? Are they -secretly -thankful?
  • Banno
    I'm thankful for coffee.
  • Qwex
    Yes I imagine.

I'm thankful for the small things that do matter but don't societially.

Isn't it thus the highest form of petty-pleasure?
  • unenlightened
    There is no obligation at all, but if you are not thankful, it is a great misfortune.

• Hanover
    Nice. Thankful for that post. Can't forget that every moment is sacred.
  • Qwex
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=szUuUesIYWc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m6oi5SneQJk

I'm thankful for hardstyle at the moment.

Perhaps not thankful then.

Observant.
  • Douglas Alan
    I personally am very bitter.

|>ouglas
  • christian2017
    Ought we be thankful for wisdom(being mentally experienced in some set of all sets)? Probably the highest kind of self sense.

Is it a good virtue?
    Is it sanity?
    Is it intellectual judgement?

I think it's important to be thankful if you want to achieve overall success.

You can either respect or disrespect, metaphorically particiles capture and collide. This allows you to respect, or disrespect. The more you respect a moment the more within it's time frequency you are, the less respect you have, the less likely you are to cause a major shift.

If you want to show respect, you're thankful, this is just an experienced answer, and skillful use of mind.

Is thankful above love? Are we thankful more so during love?

Why are so many people religious then? Are they -secretly -thankful?
    Qwex

Its hard to show true thankfulness on an online forum. It also helps to view past conversations. How do you treat a restaurant worker who doesn't make your food right?
  • christian2017
    I personally am very bitter.Douglas Alan

Thank you for sparing us the typical online bullshit trying to show virtue that many people like to spew out.
  • Douglas Alan

Thank you for sparing us the typical online bullshit trying to show virtue that many people like to spew out.christian2017

In order to explain all the bad shit that happens in the world, Leibnitz's explanation was that this is the best of all possible worlds, even if it contains a lot of badness. I.e., it just can't get any better than this.

Well, if this is the best of all possible worlds, then it seems better not to exist at all!

Unless, of course, modal realism is true. Because if it is, then if you didn't exist, you'd just exist in an infinite number of even worse worlds.

Actually, if Leibnitz was right and modal realism is true, you do exist in an infinite number of even worse worlds. And this is just the best of all the infinite versions of your sorry existences, where all the other infinite versions of you are suffering even more.

|>ouglas

P.S. Have a pleasant day.
  • christian2017
    In order to explain all the bad shit that happens in the world, Leibnitz's explanation is that this is the best of all possible worlds, even if it contains a lot of badness. I.e., it just can't get any better than this.

Well, if this is the best of all possible worlds, then it seems better not to exist at all!

Unless, of course, modal realism is true. Because if it is, then if you didn't exist, you'd just exist in an infinite number of even worse worlds.

Actually, if Leibnitz was right and modal realism is true, you do exist in an infinite number of even worse worlds. And this is just the best of all the infinite versions of your sorry existences, where all the other infinite versions of you are suffering even more.
    Douglas Alan

ROFL!

This is why i joined a political party called Shark Fighter Nation. #Shark_Fighter_Nation

Have you ever fought a rattle snake with a pair of garden shears? Neither have i but i have been held at gun point and i chased the two robbers off. Become a christian before joining this political party.
  • Douglas Alan

I stubbed my toe yesterday and it really hurt.

How does one give upvotes and downvotes on this crazy forum? I want to upvote you but I can't. What is a forum these days if you can't create a hive-mind that will downvote all dissent into oblivion?

Well, just another reason to be bitter, I suppose.

|>ouglas
  • christian2017
    I stubbed my toe yesterday and it really hurt.

How does one give upvotes and downvotes on this crazy forum? I want to upvote you but I can't. What is a forum these days if you can't create a hive-mind that will downvote all dissent into oblivion?

Well, just another reason to be bitter, I suppose.

|>ouglas
    Douglas Alan

lol. I didn't even know that was a feature on any forum. I typically only use facebook and this forum. I assume you majored in computer science in college? I started with that but i wasn't really great at math at the time and i was bat shit stupid so i switched to information technology.
  • christian2017

i started out fairly wealthy after college (military industrial complex) but then some events happened and now im 1.50 over minimum wage. It would be fine if we had modernized zoning laws that took into account global economics.
  • Douglas Alan

I didn't even know that was a feature on any forum.christian2017
    It's all the rage on Reddit, which many people would consider to be the Internet these days. Well, that and Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

There are a lot of other forums that have upvoting and downvoting, but if you put them all together, they'd probably only add up to 100th of Reddit.

I assume you majored in computer science in college?christian2017

That I did. And Philosophy.

but then some events happened and now im 1.50 over minimum wage.christian2017

Wow, that sucks! I'm sorry to hear about that. :(

But thank your blessings that we live in the best of all possible worlds!

|>ouglas
  • christian2017

But thank your blessings that we live in the best of all possible worlds!Douglas Alan

I was a whole lot more miserable until i joined that political party. I'm certainly thankful for that. Have a great day!
  • Douglas Alan

I was a whole lot more miserable until i joined that political party.christian2017
    So where does one find out more about this mysterious party? Google hasn't heard of it. Twitter hasn't heard of it. Duck Duck Go hasn't heard of it....

|>ouglas
  • christian2017
    So where does one find out more about this mysterious party? Google hasn't heard of it. Twitter hasn't heard of it. Duck Duck Go hasn't heard of it....Douglas Alan

Its kind of like Fight Club (the movie). We don't fight each other but there are lots of fight clubs. Its not just a political party its a hobby too. Evil Knievel (spelling) and any one who likes to go sky diving has a very similiar political idealogy. When we meet each other on the streets and have an old fashioned conversation, we immediately know we are talking to people with a somewhat similar political background. I wouldn't suggest you join a similar political party until you convert to christianity.
  • Douglas Alan

Its kind of like Fight Club (the movie). We don't fight each other but there are lots of fight clubs.christian2017

So, I need to be invited to a special Discord chat, or something?

I'm never going to convert to Christianity, sorry. Perhaps Zen, but that's mostly just ancient wisdom for how not to go crazy and how to treat people decently. Or at least the parts of it that I care about are.

|>ouglas
  • christian2017
    So, I need to be invited to a special Discord chat, or something?

I'm never going to convert to Christianity, sorry. Perhaps Zen, but that's mostly just ancient wisdom for how not to go crazy and how to treat people decently. Or at least the parts of it that I care about are.
    Douglas Alan

Thats fair. Just stick that in your facebook profile "Shark Fighter Nation" #Shark_Fighter_Nation. The basic premise is you go out and fight big animals or poisonous animals as a hobby. I wouldn't suggest it if you aren't confident in your own mind about your final destination. I believe the Bible is clear "Once Saved, Always Saved". If you want me to list the chapters that support that send me a private message. Considering suicide is very high in the age we live in, i'm not sure your mother wouldn't prefer you to die fighting an alligator over succumbing our generations statistically high fate.

If you have some way to find contentment in life, you should probably just stay alive and be as happy as possible.
  • Douglas Alan

Thanks for the offer of scripture, but no thanks. As for ending it all in what would be perceived as an accident, I prefer to just tell myself, I can always jump off a bridge tomorrow. There's no rush to get it done today. #Tomorrow_Not_Today

As for finding contentment, I'm hard at work on that. It can be a challenge, however. Especially when people who told you that you would always be "my best friend and greatest love", make a bee line for the exit when you hit a rough patch.

But when life gives you lemons, buy a shotgun and use them for target practice.

|>ouglas
  • christian2017
    Thanks for the offer of scripture, but no thanks. As for ending it all in what would be perceived as an accident, I prefer to just tell myself, I can always jump off a bridge tomorrow. There's no rush to get it done today. #Tomorrow_Not_Today

As for finding contentment, I'm hard at work on that. It can be a challenge, however. Especially when people who told you that you would always be "my best friend and greatest love", make a bee line for the exit when you hit a rough patch.

But when life gives you lemons, buy a shotgun and use them for target practice.

|>ouglas
    Douglas Alan

I actually own a black powder rifle. Just a piece of advice, because alot of guys like relatively thin women, find a women who loves to lift weights. She may be able to kick your ass but at least she can eat alot of food and she will still have a relatively pretty face. Women absolutely love to eat food.
  • christian2017
    I'm thankful for coffee.Banno

I'm thankful for the video game Ravenfield. Thats a fucking awesome game.
  • Douglas Alan
    Just a piece of advice, because alot of guys like relatively thin women, find a women who loves to lift weights.christian2017

The problem with this is that she'll want a guy who loves to lift weights. And I prefer to sit in front of this infernal computer and debate inane topics on the Internets.

|>ouglas
  • christian2017
    The problem with this is that she'll want a guy who loves to lift weights. And I prefer to sit in front of this infernal computer and debate inane topics on the Internets.Douglas Alan

Alot of modern women love to bully their men. You only have to have to put on a facade that you are trying to build your muscles.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment