• Aidan buk
    Looking to study abroad, any recommendations from a Philosopher's perspective about where to do so?
    In Europe most likely.
  • Jamal
    Many of us here are not American.
  • Sir2u
    Would that not depend on what you plan to study?
  • Michael
    Many of us here are not American.jamalrob

What makes you think Aidan's from America? I'm going to guess South Sudan.
  • Hanover
    My son told he might study abroad as well. He found somewhere in Rotterdam he'd like to go, which I am to learn in addition to Amsterdam is another city in the Netherlands. I'd ask that @Benkei begin making arrangements for his arrival. He would like accommodations that include a shower, which I understand is a luxury in Europe.
  • Benkei
    Showers? You mean running water in general. Also, no central heating so bring that extra sweater.
  • Michael
    I only know Rotterdam from that song. I thought it was a made up place like Timbuktu or Albuquerque from Bugs Bunny.
  • Hanover
    I don't know the song about Rotterdam, but I'll tell my son Rotterdam might not be real. He'll need to know that before he goes there.

He's a finance major, so even if Rotterdam is real, I'm not sure learning about finance in a communist country makes sense.
  • Aidan buk
    Hahaha I appreciate i've been rather vague, I'm a Philosophy undergrad and was considering taking my PHD abroad, or furthermore, lecturing once I (hopefully) have said PHD. I'm sceptical as to the extent to which I can receive help on the subject but i'm open to input.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.