• silvio86
    Hi
    I am truly sorry for starting a topic like this but I am in desperate need of it.
    Honestly, I just pop up questions inside my head and thus, even though I haven't done so much philosophy, I was wondering if any would indulge their knowledge so that I would be more enlightened than the day before.
    My topic would revolve around ;
    1.When tears are sheds , so does the filth in humans take a walk!
    2.Helping means that almost every time you will get rejected by society and the persons you intend to help.
    3. Doesn't matter how close, remember to always say good things to people at home, work, neighbourhood, and even streets.
    4. A perfect righthand man is a man that has seen more that the owner of the righthand.
    5. Happiness is for every individual to experience and is self-inflicted, even though there are more than one experiencing it.
    6. People's knowledge (NOT acknowledgement of a special power/talent/ability) would put things to ease.

I mean, I would really like somebody to explain to me why does these question make sense when I drink a beer, but awake I need to struggle.
    Thanks the community,
    Cheers to you brainiacs.
    :)
  • BC
    Why some things make sense when you are drunk should be self evident. Apparently you have not had enough to drink yet.
  • Mongrel
    And truth is mostly spin.
  • Wayfarer
    “William James describes a man who got the experience from laughing-gas; whenever he was under its influence, he knew the secret of the universe, but when he came to, he had forgotten it. At last, with immense effort, he wrote down the secret before the vision had faded. When completely recovered, he rushed to see what he had written. It was: "A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.”

― Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy
  • dukkha
    Sobriety is intoxication, alcohol sobers one up.
  • Nils Loc
    “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

Alice (drunk off her ass)
  • unenlightened
    Drink is a cure for the awareness of one's own ignorance and frailty. That's why drunk drivers are so dangerous.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.