• Shawn

Personally, I liked Rawls a lot. I like Confucianism because it leads to stable outcomes, as a premise of the very philosophy.
  • IvoryBlackBishop

I've heard of Rawls, I'm not sure how he compares.

Interestingly, the "philosophy" behind etiquette (e.x. Emily Post) has some similarities to Confucius' philosophy, such as etiquette being related to holding civilization together, though some might say it's overly "conformist" and not always applicable to real life situations (though the philosophy is that etiquette is fluid and adaptable in form, and does change with the time, though the underlying principles are universal, rather than pure "formalism" as is often stereotypically portrayed).
  • Shawn
    Interestingly, the "philosophy" behind etiquette (e.x. Emily Post) has some similarities to Confucius' philosophy, such as etiquette being related to holding civilization together, though some might say it's overly "conformist" and not always applicable to real life situations (though the philosophy is that etiquette is fluid and adaptable in form, and does change with the time, though the underlying principles are universal, rather than pure "formalism" as is often stereotypically portrayed).IvoryBlackBishop

Requires interaction though.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube