• Benkei
    So, can we blame these losses on Trump? Loeffler's apparent insider trading? Perdue's anti-semitic gaffs and ridicule of Harris? Or is it thanks to Democratic organising in Georgia this time around with great voter turn out?
  • 180 Proof
    Yeah. :victory: :mask:

(Waiting for Ossoff to be declared the winner so ... I can sleep. 4:52 AM EST - Atlanta, GA)
  • ssu
    So, can we blame these losses on Trump?Benkei
    I think so, actually.

What was predictable was that such an inept leader as Trump would make his last days a total farce and that he would not bother much about what happens to a crucial election to the GOP.

I would hope that the GOP would break into two. It would be the best thing what could happen to the party, actually. The prevailing stupidity and cynicism of Republican politicians thinking of Trump as a "Kingmaker" is simply mind blowing. Q-anon people are simply lunatics, and it's not a coherent strategy to go with the lunatic fringe. Why people opt for failure is beyond my reasoning. Perhaps they just rely that people forget what happened 6 to 12 months ago or something.

Of course the biggest reason for Trump's utter failure was his Covid-19 response, in which he failed from the start by going with the Rush Limbaugh line that it was a "common cold" and all was just democratic humbug. And of course, it the pandemic wouldn't have emerged to be a pandemic, but your average "swine-flu scare", that line would have been great. Unfortunately Covid-19 was the real deal, a pandemic. And since Trump is as inept as he is, he couldn't turn around ever from his first reactions.

I think it would have only taken for Trump closest aides and supporters to portray Trump himself to understand that Covid-19 was his "9/11"-moment, to change policy, be the serious "Crisis-President" and basically win the elections last year. The GOP could have milked the safety issue easily as they did during the 9/11 and following War on Terror era. Only the libertarian fringe would cried about the restrictions, but who cares about them, actually.
  • Streetlight
    I'm glad the democrats won are winning the senate. Now they will have no one to hide behind when they continue to flush the US into the gutter.
  • Hanover
    So, can we blame these losses on Trump? Loeffler's apparent insider trading? Perdue's anti-semitic gaffs and ridicule of Harris? Or is it thanks to Democratic organising in Georgia this time around with great voter turn out?Benkei

It's the mystical power of comeuppance that corrects stupidity and injustice in the cosmos.
  • Mr Bee
    So, can we blame these losses on Trump? Loeffler's apparent insider trading? Perdue's anti-semitic gaffs and ridicule of Harris? Or is it thanks to Democratic organising in Georgia this time around with great voter turn out?Benkei

I think it's fair to say that Trump had a little bit of influence on the outcome of the race. Of course the Trump cult would also blame McConnell for blocking $2000 checks for everyone... and they're not wrong either.
  • creativesoul

Great job!

Stacy Abrams should receive some type of reward for her lifetime of efforts. Remarkable. Astounding. Unbelievable.
  • FreeEmotion
    Biden will make America Great Again Again!. I sincerely hope so... build back better - I welcome it. We will be watching from Day 1 as the Covid Influenza deaths will all be on the Biden Administration's fault.
  • FreeEmotion
    think it's fair to say that Trump had a little bit of influence on the outcome of the race. Of course the Trump cult would also blame McConnell for blocking $2000 checks for everyone... and they're not wrong either.Mr Bee

Speaking of influence:

CNN is telling people their vote might be stolen or fraudulently overturned would make them stay at home. Interesting logic. Anyone catch the $2000 check offered to everyone if they voted democrat? I guess that is legal in America.

Also CNN is suggesting that the leaked phone call to Georgian secretary of state affected the election. Very secure election, unsecured phone lines. Nice.

https://thelibertyloft.com/joe-biden-offers-money-for-votes-in-georgia/

It doesn't get better than this.
  • Maw
    Now they will have no one to hide behind when they continue to flush the US into the gutter.StreetlightX

hqdefault.jpg
  • Michael
    Anyone catch the $2000 check offered to everyone if they voted democrat? I guess that is legal in America.FreeEmotion

Are you trying to frame a party promising a policy of welfare as bribery?
  • tim wood
    Are you trying to frame a party promising a policy of welfare as bribery?Michael
    Anyone remember getting $400 from GW?
  • Hanover
    The $2,000 check was Trump's idea as I recall.
  • 180 Proof
    The $2,000 check was Trump's idea as I recall.Hanover
    No. It was proposed by Democrats' way back in April (House) & May (Senate) 2020.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/492950-house-democrats-propose-2000-monthly-payments-to-americans

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/08/monthly-payments-2000-coronavirus-243670

This so-called "Trump's idea" was just more of his petulant me-too bs aimed at settling scores with his own zombie-Party & Moscow Mitch. "$2,000 checks" (one-time, not monthly) were being negotiated between the House & Senate even before the November 3rd election:

https://www.newsweek.com/house-democrats-put-forward-trump-stimulus-check-proposal-vote-1557107
  • Maw
    This is insane
  • Harry Hindu
    Couldn't have stated it any better myself. It IS absolutely insane to believe that Biden got more votes than Hillary and Obama even though he came in last place when he ran against them in the primary back in 2008? And we're suppose to believe that Americans wanted Kamala even though she quit the race because she was in last place in the primary? Obama chose the loser as his VP and Biden chose the loser as his VP. The Democrats are in the habit of choosing losers for their presidential candidates and we're suppose to believe that they actually won?
  • Benkei
    :chin:
  • Maw
    Pls don't cry
  • frank
    ok here's the plan: we're going to crash the rotunda and...
  • praxis
    The notoriously violent leftists didn’t need to be teargassed on January 6, 2017.
  • praxis
    It IS absolutely insane to believe that Biden got more votes than Hillary and Obama even though he came in last place when he ran against them in the primary back in 2008?Harry Hindu

Is 80 million votes against Trump really that hard to believe? He worked very hard for over 4 years to demonize half the country, after all.
  • 180 Proof
    america winter. damn. :mask:

WE LOVE YOU. YOU’RE VERY SPECIAL. — TR45H to MAGA-insurrectionists, 1/6/21

Let's have trial by combat! — Rudy Giuliani to MAGA-insurrectionists, 1/6/21

sundown, Wash. DC., 5:02 PM EST :point: begins KKKlown-show version of 'Night of the Long Knives' redux ...
  • frank
    I'm not encouraged by the way 2021 is starting out. This, then the bump in covid deaths from Christmas.
  • 180 Proof
    https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/471426 (November 13, 2020)

update:

1/5/21

So Atlanta is ours and fairly won. — Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

US Senate runoff (GA):
    Warnock (D) beats Loeffler (R)
    Ossoff (D) beats Perdue (R)

Democrats gain 3 seats (50-50) –
    US Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

Thanks for flipping Georgia, Stacey♡

Warnock & Ossoff, black & jewish sons of the deep south, will represent a formerly segregationist state in the US Senate ... fulfilling the promise of 'Schwerner Chaney & Goodman' ... and in the wake of the twilight struggle lead by MLK Jr, Abraham Heschel, et al, which continues.
  • jorndoe
    I guess people know, just thought Gravel Institute made a fair point (apologies in advance for the spamminess):

, congratz Georgia et al (y)
  • frank
    Warnock & Ossoff, black & jewish sons of the deep south, will represent a formerly segregationist state in the US Senate ..180 Proof

:heart:
  • VagabondSpectre
    Imagine if the DNC didn't sabotage Bernie as the democratic nominee way back in 2016...

How much different would the world be today?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.