• 180 Proof
    Only a loser of a god would have to destroy his own works for not doing as programmed.Gnostic Christian Bishop
    :up:
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    I don't think there are such things as defective souls.TheMadFool

Yet the vast majority of us are not good enough to get to heaven with the few who are good enough. I call the losers, you and I, defective souls. Be liberal with my analogy.

Are you suggesting that some are just born bad or good?TheMadFool

Scriptures say that god hated Esau in the womb before he could even sin.

Where does that leave responsibility for one's own actions?TheMadFool

Biblically speaking, we have no responsibility as Jesus took care of that for believers and the non-believers as scriptures again say, have had their hearts hardened by god and are part of the defective/damned to hell crowd.

God denies us all our free will. That's scripture.

------------------

Let me go long on this last.

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then the is is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
    DL
  • TheMadFool
    I'm not certain whether we have free will or not but if god is, as the religious claim, about morality then it seems necessary that he grant it to us. Heaven and hell would become meaningless since the deal is good folks go to heaven and bad people go to hell and deciding who is good or bad depends on what choices a person makes on his own accord i.e. free will is necessary.

If you still say that we don't have free will then we're nothing more than toys in the hands of an all-powerful being - just following orders but under the illusion that we're doing it voluntarily.

Is this the kind of picture you want to paint of the world? If the answer is "yes" then it's a very melancholy view of the world: a god who's apparently capable of evil and we being automatons. Not a world anyone would like to live in unless, of course, you're among the group chosen to visit paradise.
    I'm not certain whether we have free will or notTheMadFool

We have a free will that is limited to physics and nature. I may wish to fly but physics says no.

A free will within the bounds I set is demonstrable and can even be tested to prove.

Scriptures though say that god hardens hearts, or not, against or for individuals as he chooses who he will grace with faith or belief and who he has chosen for hell and disbelief.

That goers to show how stupid on this the ancients were. They wrote that we are the dreaded robots.

Regards
    DL
  • christian2017

ok. i'll probably follow the link later.
  • christian2017

i don't believe climate change is caused by people.
  • 180 Proof
    i don't believe climate change is caused by people.christian2017
    Because ...?
  • TheMadFool
    We have a free will that is limited to physics and nature. I may wish to fly but physics says no.

A free will within the bounds I set is demonstrable and can even be tested to prove.

Scriptures though say that god hardens hearts, or not, against or for individuals as he chooses who he will grace with faith or belief and who he has chosen for hell and disbelief.

That goers to show how stupid on this the ancients were. They wrote that we are the dreaded robots.
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

This view of the world is very grim. It provides no room for change, a criminal can't turn a new leaf and is condemned to not only act as he was forced to act and then to suffer punishment for that. It is unfair. What faith do you profess?
    i don't believe climate change is caused by people.christian2017

Then you are ignoring the findings of the vast majority of scientists on the planet.

You are as big of a fool on this as religion.

Regards
    DL
    What faith do you profess?TheMadFool

I do not use the word faith. That word leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I use religion.

I am a Gnostic Christian as I have not found a better all inclusive universalist ideology.

Most others are homophobic and misogynous.

It has been said that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. It is a truth, IMO.

Regards
    DL
  • TheMadFool
    It has been said that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. It is a truth, IMO.Gnostic Christian Bishop

:ok:
  • matt
    Goodness doesn't get you to heaven because we don't have any. As Jesus said, there is none good but God. We are only saved by grace and faith.
  • christian2017

brb. I'll post an article.
  • sarah young
    well christians and muslims likely hate jews fo the same reason they hate each other and the LGBTQ+ because of basic prejudice, they are different so they are less than you. I've also noticed that it isn't hate so much as it is they disregard jews as if they aren't important. please note that every claim i've made here is a generalization so it doesn't describe everyone but I believe it to be true for the most part.
  • alcontali
    The Zionists love to qualify any criticism of the policies of the apartheidsstate of Israel towards the Palestinians as antisemitic racism. For example, if anybody believes that the Palestinian refugees should be allowed to go home, that person will automatically be deemed antisemitic. To cut a long story short, I personally believe that the partition of mandatory Palestine is an abomination.

By the way, there is also real antisemitism. That also exists. However, nowadays it is a relatively minor phenomenon.

Furthermore, Jewish victims of prejudice are not more deplorable than for example black people. On the contrary, while Jews do not necessarily have to disclose that they are Jews, "real" racial minorities simply cannot hide that fact.
    We are only saved by grace and faith.matt

Which, according to scriptures, are in god's control as we are denied a free will choice.

Quite the vile prick that Yahweh. Right?

I ran the following a while back. You might have missed it.

==================

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then the is is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
    DL

Thanks for this. I agree with the one-upmanship.

I have a number of links showing Muslims teaching their young children to hate and play act at killing Jews, --- so I cannot quite agree with your "disregard" word.

Regards
    DL
    180 Proofchristian2017

What % of climate scientists agree with you?

That should be all I need to ask you.

You are in a tiny minority.

Regards
    DL
    954alcontali

I agree that we overuse and misapply labels.

Regards
    DL
  • sarah young
    I have a number of links showing Muslims teaching their young children to hate and play act at killing Jews, --- so I cannot quite agree with your "disregard" word.Gnostic Christian Bishop

I had never heard of this before, thank you for bringing new information to light, I also meant something more like thinking someone is worth less than you when i said disregard but that is a whole othe level
    I had never heard of this before, thank you for bringing new information to light,sarah young

Always a pleasure to inform.

Regards
    DL
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.