• Ken
    Hi,
    I have recently lost a loved and it made me ask myself many questions. The one that is uppermost in my mind at the moment is if in the UK I was diagnosed with a terminal illness would I qualify for Euthanasia in any of the Europian countries where it is legal.
  • Shawn
    First, sorry to hear of your loss. It seems that if this were the best of all possible worlds, there'd be no reason to entertain philosophy from an existential standpoint.

With that said, I think factually, you'd be OK'd to euthanasia in countries like Switzerland or similarly, other countries that aren't hostile towards the concept.

What prompted you to ask these questions, @Ken, if I may as in more detail?
  • Ken
    I have become very forgetful lately. This may be caused by my grief but I have to recognize that I was becoming forgetful before my loss. Less so but still forgetful. As part of my loss, I realised I didn't want to spend my final days helpless in a national health hospital or a nursing home.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.