• 180 Proof
    Substance is itself and also conception through itself. It's not just no other conception, but the conception of itself too.TheWillowOfDarkness

:up:

It has to since there's nothing else but Substance to conceive of Substance. Apparently, an ouroboros or Möbius loop confuses some of the slower kids.
  • aRealidealist
    There’s nothing else but substance to conceive of substance, sure, but the point is that there’s nothing else but substance to be conceived of as being independent of everything else, i.e., as being that which is in itself. Derp. This all went right over your head.
  • creativesoul
    There’s nothing else but substance to conceive of substance, sure, but the point is that there’s nothing else but substance to be conceived of as being independent of everything else, i.e., as being that which is in itself. Derp. This all went right over your head.aRealidealist

More equivocation of the term "conceive"...
  • 180 Proof
    This all went right over your head.aRealidealist

"Right." "Over." "Your." "Head."

(Ah, yeah, projection - the last refuge. :lol: )
  • aRealidealist
    There’s no equivocating, I’m using the word how it’s commonly understood; even how Spinoza understands it (in a general Cartesian sense). Moreover, you have no point, after claiming that “substance” & conception are no different for Spinoza.
  • creativesoul
    Be well .

All that is needed for you to correct your (mis)understandings has been expressed heretofore...

:up:
  • Deleted User
    I'm not the "pom-poms" type, son.180 Proof

Right. You already have a cheerleader. You don't need to be one, too. :kiss:
  • Gregory
    Descartes is a platonist, for whom the world is in constant flux and to us is Maya
  • Gregory
    Marx, a better mathematician than Hegel, accepted his philosophiy but substituted energy and matter for spirit in the system. Marx immersed himself in Cartesian flux
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet