• Gregory
    "This pure consciousness [God] is at the same time simple and undifferentiated as well, just because it's distinctions are no distinctions. Being this form of bare and simple reflexion into self,... spirit is in undivided unity, when we consider its true meaning, and at once the absolute movement, the ceaseless process of negating its appearance, as well as being the essential substance thereof satisfied within itself, and the positive stability of that process... In the case of religion the aspect of a complete being, of being in-and-for-itself, is its object, whose content and character we have already come to know. For it lies in the very notion of belief that this object is nothing else than the real world lifted in the universality of pure consciousness. The articulation of this world, therefore, constitutes the organization belonging to pure universality also, except that the parts in the latter case do not alienate one another in itself, but are complete realities all by themselves, are spirits [Trinity] returned into themselves and self-contained." Hegel

Hegel developed Kant view by asking why we can't regard a cat as a Platonic form and insist on seeing it as such. Hegel is a lot exercises asking questions in response to the enormity of Kant's new vision at that time. He is truly the "Protestant Aquinas".
  • Gregory
    orld, therefore, constitutes the organization belonging to pure universality also, exceptGregory

The second part has a Lutheran tone, as does the whole chapter (from his first book). Indeed that was what he was claimed to be. The Roman Catechism recently said that heaven was a state, not a place. Therefore, it would seem, even God is a state, not a substance (which is more material). Or what of Mormons? The old testament refers to God as feminine in the Holy of Holies (on earth). I found the Latter-day Saint hymn "O My Father" today. They are almost like Catholics (who turn to Mary)!
  • Gregory
    Latter-day Saint hymn "O My Father"

In the heavens are parents single?
    No, the thought makes reason stare.
    Truth is reason: truth eternal
    tells me I've a mother there.

When I leave this frail existence,
    When I lay this mortal by,
    Father, Mother, may I meet you
    in your royal courts on high?
bold
italic