• Jimmy
    Not that anyone cares, but I'll be 30 next month.
  • Jamal
    I think we've had a thread about this already Jimmy, so you get a big fat zero for originality so far. :wink:

I don't think I've revealed my age on the forum before, though I'm sure it's obvious which range I'm in from my political and philosophical disillusionment and general world-weariness. 47.

Btw welcome to the forum.
  • S
  • Jamal
    Almost as old as Bitter Crank
  • S
    Almost as old as Bitter Crank.jamalrob

Did you get the reference, though? Funnily enough it might've even been the year of your birth...
  • Jamal
    Elaborate!
  • S
    Elaborate!jamalrob

• Jamal
    Before my time sorry
  • S
    Not by long, if it was. It was realised on the 23rd of June 1972. So 47 years ago.
  • Jamal
    Yep, before I even existed.

Less than a month before, it's true.
  • S
    Did you catch his face?
  • Jamal
    Whose face? Roy Wood's?
  • S
    That man running through the streets today.
  • Jamal
    Missed that. Too busy stroking my Capuchin.
  • Jamal
    Not that anyone cares, but I'll be 30 next monthJimmy

By the way, congratulations on being nearly thirty, and happy birthday in advance. Thirty is a good age. You stop being embarrassed about tripping over in the street, you suddenly become really good at sex, and you are still blissfully unaware of the horror that lies ahead.
  • Jimmy
    haha cheers mate
  • BC
    Not that anyone cares, but I'll be 30 next month.Jimmy

Jimmy, you have no idea how little anyone cares.

Jimmy, now that you have made it to 30, it's time for you to learn an unpleasant fact of life: If you leave yourself open to cruel, sarcastic thrusts, one of the many wicked people lurking about will take the opportunity to throw some acid-comment your way. Like, don't begin a sentence with "Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't understand... whatever." Someone will chime in with, "No doubt about it!"

Or "Sorry I'm late!" invites, "We're not."

In a meeting a pastor confessed, "I just don't know much about music." The choir directer rejoined her confession with, "That certainly seems to be true." See what I mean? Demons everywhere just waiting to shove pitchforks into your tender self-assurance.
  • Shawn
    Tweeny nein.
  • Jimmy
    maybe don't think too much into things.. don't you have better things to do?
  • T Clark
    Not that anyone cares, but I'll be 30 next month.Jimmy

@Bitter Crank and I have lapped you. I can see him up there ahead. I'm in no hurry to catch up.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Ask me anyone's age and I can guess within mmmmmeh 5yrs of their true age. :sweat:
    I am Forty fucking nine, Thank you kindly :heart:
  • SophistiCat
    maybe don't think too much into things.Jimmy

That's gotta be the Philosophy Forum motto.
  • Hanover
    Having been born with Benjamin Button's disease and having outlived my life expectancy, I'm now negative 6 months, being in the first trimester and reattached to the placenta. As to the question of when life begins, I can now affirmatively state that there is life in the first trimester and I will be reporting when my consciousness ceases to exist. We will all then know when it's still appropriate to abort, and that can be reported to the Supreme Court for its future decisions.

What I can say is that I find music very comforting, so to those expectant mothers who have wondered whether playing music near your expanded belly has any fetal benefit, I can respond with a resounding YES!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    What I can say is that I find music very comforting, so to those expectant mothers who have wondered whether playing music near your expanded belly has any fetal benefit, I can respond with a resounding YES!Hanover

I knew it!
    Look what happened when Daddy insisted on playing Pink Floyd, The Doors and Zeppelin!
    I tried in earnest to counteract that noise with The Eagles, B.B. King and the Grateful Dead and well....you can see the mix :cool:

If my words did glow with the Gold of sunshine and my tunes were played on the Harp unstrung
    Would you hear my voice, come through the music.....
  • Fine Doubter
    Old enough to know what I've seen.
  • Shamshir
    What have you seen?
  • 180 Proof
    I'm old enough to affirm having lived more days nunc than days I have left. Memento mori. Amor fati. Sapere aude. Deus, sive natura. Vita contemplativa, vita simplex. Memento vivere. Tempus fugit. Carpe jugulum, carpe diem. :death: :flower:
  • Noble Dust

Samezz. Bout to become an adult in less than 2 months.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment