• kenkar
    *You should have a driving license in order to answer this question, though it is not necessary for you to be able to answer it* *Also couldn't find the appropriate question for this post so don't mind the discussion title* *Please keep in mind that english is not my native*

You are given the picture below. The question goes:

"Why are you obligued to pass the white car ( let him go before us ) in the picture ?

a) Because he is positioned on the right side ( priority to the right )

b) Because he is moving through the road with the advantage of passing

c) Because you are positioned on the side road "

*Multiple correct answers are allowed*

Answer a) is clearly correct and answer b) is clearly false. What about c) ? Answer c) is correct in my opinion. Driving school claims it is false. I've asked some friends this question already and the most common answer I get is : "Since the white car is also on a side road, c) is false". And that makes sense to me as well since c) isn't direct reason why we are letting him pass. But shouldn't it be indirect reason ? What if we replace it with : "c) Because we are driving the nearest car in the picture" ? Same thing, right ? Now if we get back to question itself, can we conclude it requires indirect reasons as well ? I don't know and this would be my second question as well.

Another possible reasoning for this would be:

Suppose you have "b) Because the left car is grey". Now obviously you wouldn't circle b) because it doesn't matter what color the left car is. Does it matter that we are in the side road ? If we weren't, we would go before him and wouldn't let him go before us. So it matters ergo c) is correct.

IDUmC.jpg
  • PoeticUniverse
    You have to yield, for there is a yield sign there to you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment