• RegularGuy
    I don’t think the question is “why do you philosophize?” as if we philosophers are the only ones who do it. Everyone philosophizes, i.e. asks the big questions, without perhaps knowing that that IS philosophy. So the question is really “why does humanity philosophize?” Is it a feature of consciousness or of having a complex and developed frontal lobe? Is it what makes humans humans, as opposed to other animals? In other words, is that what makes us human?
  • Shawn
    If you keep on asking *why* 'nough it eventually turns into philosophy...

*But why*
  • RegularGuy

Almost all human endeavor is philosophy or an attempt to answer why questions. The rest is animal instinct.
  • RegularGuy

Peter Griffin’s ancestor philosopher’s wife told him to get a job. He asked, “but why?”

:wink:
  • RegularGuy
    I must be manic because it seems like everyone is bored, confused, or dumbstruck by my responses and questions.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.