• Pantagruel
    What is philosophy for you? An intellectual challenge? A vocation? A schema? A mystery?

For me, philosophy is an effort to discover those truths that will enable me to transform myself into a someone who is more in touch with personal, physical, and social realities. For me, very much a project of personal betterment in aid of universal betterment.
  • Shawn
    A way of life.
  • Pattern-chaser
    All of the above, and probably much more too? :up: For me: philosophy is a learning opportunity, and an opportunity to share that learning. Perhaps the sharing is the best bit? :chin:
  • Pantagruel

I too feel that it is very much a 'community project.'
  • Hanover
    What is philosophy for you? An intellectual challenge? A vocation? A schema? A mystery?Pantagruel

It's the name of the new sexy perfume I just invented in my head - Philosophy by Hanover. The bottle is shaped like the silhouette of @Baden and when you squeeze the bulb, a gluey mist ejaculates, smelling of a thousand angels.

That's what philosophy is to me. I'm surprised I'm the first to say this.
  • Hanover
    @Michael and @S. I got nothing to say to you, but just wanted to tag you so you might see my fucked up post above.

You're welcome.
  • Michael
    Michael and S. I got nothing to say to you, but just wanted to tag you so you might see my fucked up post above.

You're welcome.
    Hanover

Fucked up? That's probably the tamest thing you've ever said on here. Are you OK? Do you need help?
  • Shawn
    Could be a midlife crisis, though it seems like a long one.

Back in the old PF you seemed less savage, Hanny.
  • S
    Michael and S. I got nothing to say to you, but just wanted to tag you so you might see my fucked up post above.

You're welcome
    Hanover

"Gluey mist". I liked that choice of words.

What is philosophy for you? An intellectual challenge? A vocation? A schema? A mystery?Pantagruel

An outdated academic discipline where opinionated people spout peculiar nonsense of little consequence.
  • Hanover
    Fucked up? That's probably the tamest thing you've ever said on here. Are you OK? Do you need help?Michael

I'm just a little stressed. You mother refuses to lubricate with anything but hand soap and I'm completely raw, but I do smell of heavenly lavender.

I think I'm going to be ok. Thanks for listening to me.
  • Hanover
    Back in the old PF you seemed less savage, Hanny.Wallows

I was quite refined at the old PF. Good memory.
  • Hanover
    "Gluey mist". I liked that choice of words.S

I'm a modern day Shakespeare. I like to think of the baby batter being puffed into the loins as opposed to pecker snot pumping out in chunky spurts. The former is so much more romantic, delicate, and softer, like a fairy floating on a cloud. The little tailed sperm soldiers just drift around looking to impregnate and destroy the young maiden's future, leaving her to her trailer, crack, and Mountain Dew.
  • Baden
    As I upset @Pantagruel's applecart yesterday, I'll try to help right it today.

Please answer the gentleman's valid and interesting question and stop talking about me and sperm. Thank you.
  • Hanover
    Please answer the gentleman's valid and interesting question and stop talking about me and sperm. Thank you.Baden

But bodily fluids are funny.
  • Wheatley
    For me philosophy is something that’s out of reach for me cognitively. Why I spend so much time on this forum is a big mystery to me.
  • RegularGuy
    What is philosophy for you? An intellectual challenge? A vocation? A schema? A mystery?

For me, philosophy is an effort to discover those truths that will enable me to transform myself into a someone who is more in touch with personal, physical, and social realities. For me, very much a project of personal betterment in aid of universal betterment.
    Pantagruel

Nice. I just wanted to figure out if I were actually a brain in a vat. Then “The Matrix” came out, and now I’m always afraid.
  • RegularGuy
    The little tailed sperm soldiers just drift around looking to impregnate and destroy the young maiden's future, leaving her to her trailer, crack, and Mountain Dew.Hanover

You’ve met my ex-wife? Oh, wait. That’s my fault.
  • Drazjan
    I am going to try to be philosophical about this question. I consider myself a realist when I am not contributing to my own bundle of contradictions. Therefore, the nature of philosophy to me is the examination of wisdom. This is why I note down ideas as I find them. For example: "To supervise his own destiny is task enough for any man." Charlie Chan.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.