• Corra
    I was reading about different subjects on line. They weren't in the classical schools of philosophy. I was curious about other people's perspectives on the subject matters.
  • Pattern-chaser
    Intuitionalism sounds interesting, but what on earth is it? :wink:
  • Corra
    Intuitionalism is the theory that that there are objective moral truths and that human beings can find them by using their minds.
  • Corra
    Michael Huemar is a professor of this philosophy.
  • Fooloso4

Are you making a connection between them or are they two separate subject matters that interest you?
  • Corra
    The two separate subject matters interest me. The philosophy of each one is different.
  • Corra
    I also have a interest in new age philosophy. I am a eclectic type of person.
  • Corra
    I wish I could define myself on a singular path, but I am not wired that way. I admire those people who can follow a single path.
  • James Banks
    I have a bit of an interest in the occult scene and its teachings. Listening/reading for less than a year. Some things that have surprised me (at least a little) as I've gone along: maybe some occultists are into power, but the people I heard were more into balance. Very responsible, worried people. (Maybe that's just Jason Louv.) A kind of 0, 1, infinity: atheism, monotheism (Abrahamic), many Gods / pantheism / nature (Chinese, Hindu, Buddhist, animist, western esoteric, etc.) Prevalent enmity toward atheism and monotheism. Nietzsche said he was the anti-Christ and I think Crowley may have been going for something similar. Both of them aren't as far from Christianity as it is now (Nietzsche might be against SJWs like some conservative Christians are, and Crowley and some progressive Christians would both be against conservative Christianity). (Nietzsche and Crowley are as other-than-Christ as they always were, regardless of shifts in Christianity.) "Do as thou wilt" sounds Nietzschean but then it turns out it really means "do your loving destiny". But then again, Nietzsche said "what is done out of love is beyond good and evil" which sounds simultaneously Pauline and Crowleian to me. I guess everyone just wants to worship love.

Currently reading Lachman's The Secret Teachers of the Western World.
  • S
    Yeah, they're a load of bollocks.
  • Corra
    That's ok it is not right for everyone. We study what is right for us as individuals
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment