• I like sushi
    Why was Frotunes post deleted from my thread?

If it was deleted because some halfwit mod assumed it was even vaguely offensive to me, or anyone else then GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Understand?

If not let me be more clear. If you remove someone’s post when they were addressing me how do you think they feel about me? Has it crossed your mind that they may believe I have complained about the post and asked for it to be removed when I haven’t? Don’t you see this stops any chance of a reasonable discussion before it even gets going?

Whoever the mod was that deemed it worthy of deletion you are officially my enemy. Resign.

If it was removed at the request of Frotunes ... fair enough! Ignore the rebuke :)

Note: I’ve seen enough online site decline into self-righteous drivel over past few years. It’s not my perspective that has changed it is the cowardly approach of mods and the fear of reprisals that has seen a number of sites fade in both content and diversity - ironic as that is general the very thing these passive instigators believe they’re protecting.
  • Baden

We routinely delete overly flamey and low quality posts because they're against the guidelines and that will continue regardless of how the targets of these posts feel about them.
  • I like sushi
    Exactly what is considered “flamey” ... was it you? Did you, can you, see the post? It was nothing.

I’ll probably leave the forum because of this. The level of stupidity is that high.
  • I like sushi
    Okay ... nice to see such level-headed thinking on our part.
  • Baden

Our job is to enforce the guidelines not to convince people who don't like them to stay. Low quality, flamey, off-topic posts like frotunes' recent contributions have always been deleted here as a matter of routine and will continue to be. If that upsets you to the point where you want to leave, then feel free to do so and good luck.
  • I like sushi
    Perhaps if you posted the post in question here you could point out what part of it you consider ‘flamey’? I recall a slight undertone of derision which was well warranted - look at the nature of the OP I wrote. It isn’t exactly crystal clear what I’m talking about or where I’m going.
  • Baden

You don't have an automatic right to appeal the decision on another posters' deletions (of which there were many in this case). At least I'm not going to go digging into it. If any other mod considers this worthy of a forensic examination, they can do so. Feel free to ask someone else.
  • Baden
    (For the record, sushi's calling us half-witted fuckedy fucks (or whatever it was) wasn't modded because it's feedback where there's more leeway to vent. A little restraint would be appreciated though.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet