• Metaphysician Undercover
    As far as I understand, they are separate and distinct theories that have yet to be unified.Rich

I believe that there is quantum uncertainty, which was originally not well understood. I also believe that field theory was developed as a means of applying relativistic principles to quantum uncertainty. So if we are not satisfied with relativity theory, as you and I are, then we should reject field theory, as an inappropriate way of dealing with quantum uncertainty.
  • Rich
    The evidence I provided had nothing to do with Relativity or Quantum equations. The Call Tech article was experimental verification that nothing stands still.

Whatever attempts there have been to add large particle prediction to quantum mathematical equations and the ontological consequences are inconsequential to the ontological claims of General and Special relativity which are dubious at best. As I pointed out, Special Relativity (from which all of these sci-fi time paradoxes emanate from) rests on the idea of reciprocity of frames of reference. This same concept is denied in General Relativity where one frame of reference is given preferred treatment because it is accelerating. The two theories contradict each other and General Relativity denies Special. Time, in General is some ambiguous notion in an equation which hardly had any relevance to time as we experience it. None of these ontologically ambiguities has any effect on Quantum experimental results. Once again, measurement symbols In Relatively are casually bring used to replace real life experiences.

Relativity wants to create an ontological model which is self-contradictory. Quantum interpretations does not inherit any of this in any form. In fact the Bohm interpretation wants nothing of it as it adopts non-locality.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Quantum interpretations does not inherit any of this in any form. In fact the Bohm interpretation wants nothing of it as it adopts non-locality.Rich

Do you understand quantum field theory, and how non-locality relates to field theory? Look it up.
  • Rich
    it is not pertinent to how General and Special Relativity attempts to create ontological value for itself.

The philosophical questions are:

1) Does anything ever stop moving?: The answer is no.

2) Does quantum or relativity address the real life experience of time?: the answer is that Relativity doesn't and quantum might with certain holographic interpretations .

Relativity is solving a measurement problem and quantum is solving a different sort of measurement problem. Whatever ontological value quantum has lies in interpretations and experimental results. Science may do as they want to solve their mathematical measurement issues. It appears you prefer mathematical symbols to the real thing.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.