• Michael McMahon
    The pupil of your eye is like a Snell’s window! The light I see is reflected off another person’s iris where I can look into their retina but not their mind. Your mind is deeper than the ocean from my perspective! You can climb the highest mountains and still not reach another person’s mental location. It’d be as if we each occupy a different universe in an overlapping multiverse! A colour is more complicated than the brain as if it’s being processed both externally and internally.
  • Michael McMahon
    Maybe one application of gravity as a Euler force is that it could be the motion of the tectonic plates causing the tides where the orbit of the Moon just so happens to coincide with the rotation of the Earth without having a causal effect. A Euler force is unimaginable without a team of mathematicians not only because it's chaotic but also because it's 3-dimensional. For example to consider the Earth's centripetal speed we'd nearly have to view it as if a map of the Earth was moving linearly across a table. That way comparisons of centripetal velocity would have to take into context different diagonal rotations.
  • Michael McMahon
    An advantage of a Euler interpretation of gravity is that each gravitational system would be unique where it'd forever defy conscious perception. Hence a Euler theory would be a form of Socratic ignorance.

The Giant Wave - The Perfect Storm (3/5)
  • Michael McMahon
    On posts 5, 9 and 13 page 14 I mentioned how animals could be used to investigate antirealism. Maybe one reason we find sharks, snakes and spiders creepy is that not only do they perceive a force differently with their sense organs but their brain might also interpret the force differently. For example their imbalanced centre of gravity might imply they’re physically far more aware of the force of gravity compared to humans.
  • Michael McMahon
    If light is conscious then it might sound ableist for the congenitally blind. Yet gravity travels at the same speed as light according to Einstein. Hence our sense of touch could be described as luminal if we focused on the gravity waves of the object’s weight rather than the texture.
  • Michael McMahon
    Baby Tarantulas
    Scientific names are needed to stop horrendous personifications of “baby” or “child” tarantulas! Looking at little spiderlings who’ll grow into big adults can make them appear less threatening. A tarantula will intimidate anyone who tries to view themselves as intimidating to other people! Investigating the perception of peculiar insects might be helpful for those with mental disorders like autism and schizophrenia. Then again they might only make you more violent! Alternatively talking to lots of women could create the opposite problem for introverted men where they’d become too socially relaxed! The whiteness of spider webs can look ghostly as if the spiders had an existence on the threshold of death. The many eyes of the spider makes their vision so strong that the spider might not have to think about their visual perception making them less self-aware. We could go so far as to investigate quantum wave-particle duality through the spider’s nervous system. Perhaps the huge amount of parallax in having so many eyes might relate to randomness rather than determinism.
  • Michael McMahon
    https://youtube.com/shorts/CoaYrYcnBJM?feature=share8
    Royal Python (https://m.youtube.com/@guncontrol4647/featured)
    One reason a snake is so creepy is that the creature has a disproportionately small head relative to their extremely long body. This implies that the creature isn’t fully proprioceptive of their own body implying that there’s minimal self-awareness in general.
  • Michael McMahon
    An asteroid has an irregular shape meaning that the centre of gravity would be chaotic. Hence even under Newtonian versions of gravity would an asteroid’s surface have different rates of gravity resembling a Euler force. Theoretically under Einsteinian gravity the asteroid’s gravity might even out at different heights in the atmosphere yet this might be negligible if the atmosphere is almost non-existent.
  • Michael McMahon
    A combative advantage of antirealism might be a slightly enhanced sensory vigilance for dodging and anticipating punches from your attacker. Yet an anti-realist might not be so skilled as to dodge a bullet!

Dodge this (slo-mo, bullet time) | The Matrix [Open Matte]
  • Michael McMahon
    Anti-realism could serve as an emergency exit door to allow for a break from longer spells of materialism.
  • Michael McMahon
    There are many people wondering what will a solution to the hard problem of consciousness resemble be it a song or a mathematical equation. Yet if God has the last laugh then the answer to the hard problem of consciousness might in a word be Asia. The paradox of Asian people is that they’re all far more tranquil and contemplative in their complexion compared to Caucasians or blacks and yet Asian people fail to care about the deep metaphysics of the brain or the mind. Instead Asian countries appear far more obsessed about the nuances of emotions. So if you were truly humble as a European person then Asia could represent mysterianism as a solution to the hard problem of consciousness because Asia’s lack of worry about the meaning of consciousness could resemble a surrender to the inherent insolubility of the mind-body problem. The way most Asian people aren’t fully monotheist might imply that they wouldn’t view the physics of the brain as being intrinsically ethical where ethics becomes a relative concept.

“New mysterianism, or commonly just mysterianism, is a philosophical position proposing that the hard problem of consciousness cannot be resolved by humans. The unresolvable problem is how to explain the existence of qualia (individual instances of subjective, conscious experience).”
  • Michael McMahon
    If pure dualism were correct then each of our brains could all in fact have almost the exact same structure and wiring seeing as any differences in mind would be caused by a fundamental mind rather than by brain differences.
  • Michael McMahon
    If I fail to find posthumous fame for my theories of non-reality then I might perhaps still get recognition for being a good psychologist of philosophers and scientist in what would be a very meta title for trying to understand the mindsets of other philosophers and scientists seeking fame! Perhaps for an apparent crackpot like myself to appear persuasive then I'd have to be more grateful for other supposed crackpots! I was never too interested in the microtubule theory of consciousness for having ignored the notion of temporal relations but the theory might be wonderful to me for the inverted reason for having limited other overly reductionistic theories of the mind! Too many neuroscientists are obsessed about patterns of neurons without realising that there wasn't a hidden neuron that they forgot about to give rise to consciousness. As such the microtubule theory forced the issue by implying that other nervous patterns in the brain that would hypothetically give rise to consciousness might really just be an understated version of an intra-cellular neuronal theory of the mind as we see in microtubules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfmcEbD64XY
    Stuart Hammerof - Quantum Physics of Consciousness

Science in medieval history arose to oppose evil versions of religions like witchcraft and monarchy rather than to oppose religion itself or to directly assert what reality is. If we were trying to be as upbeat about materialism as religious people are about God then materialists might have to convey how tranquil it is to have a skull and a skeleton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onzL0EM1pKY
    Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th Mmrs

If I'm ever redemptive to scientists it might be because I forced the issue by claiming that anti-realism is compatible with the physical world temporarily existing during waking life and disappearing during dreams. Even though many materialists might disagree with me on symbolic grounds when the mind is a mystery they might ironically fail to disagree with me thoroughly enough when an absolute materialist could only fathom the material world as permanently existing throughout their life. Perhaps this is one reason why western materialists might fail to match the seriousness of Asian materialists who might have been materialists for millennia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGsWYV2bWAc
    Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (8/12) Movie CLIP - The Bride vs. Gogo (2003)
  • Michael McMahon
    In the same way that we don't feel our brain we also don't feel our skeleton where we can only feel our skeleton indirectly through our posture. Yet we know our heart beats so fast that it'd be almost impossible to directly perceive our heart without concluding the heart doesn't physically exist. Anyway dualism isn't just about mind and brain but also how our tactile muscles differ from our near-dead bones! As such the way brain regions connect with one another for conscious thought might mimic how rhythmic our muscles are when we walk with a distinct posture. Some people might think that we can feel our bones by pressurising one finger against another finger but a dualist might think that the tactile sensation might really be our squished skin rather than the bones of our finger! Postures are often emphasised on the catwalk(!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcr0GlwctUg
    MODEL - KATHRYN CELESTRE - MIAMI SWIM WEEK - Blacktape Project 2022
  • Michael McMahon
    Even if we solve the mystery of the mind-body problem we might still be left with an even bigger mystery as to why so few people had even cared about the mind-body problem! Perhaps no matter how much we analyse a physical phenomenon anything amoral by being more expansive might still physically trump ethics such that an interpretation of the mind can be spiritual rather than just physical in order to satisfy ethics. Unfortunately any theory of quantum gravity would be backed by the evil of nuclear weaponry such that it might not be too objective for a social group! So a non-real interpretation of gravity such as my Euler theory could satisfy an ethnic perception of gravity to add symbolic cohesion in a gravitational cult group even if it won’t be quite as sexy as other quantum gravity theories(!):

https://youtu.be/VeCB7GM64fI?si=w7qk5iJTRS82DhXP
    Fotini Markopoulou - Why is Quantum Gravity So Significant? (Closer to Truth)
  • Michael McMahon
    If your mental vision doesn’t fully reflect the physical world then rotating your head would produce a slightly different angle then what would be implied by your own vision.
  • Michael McMahon
    Classical instruments used to remix pop songs could expose just how good the pop song was in a way that reveals that both the original singer and the listeners might never have been as grateful as they should have. In other words even if we love a pop song we might not love it sufficiently relative to a classical version of the beat. So we might accidentally downplay the ethnicity of the singer in concocting a much more extreme beat that wouldn’t be possible in another country. So the harpsichord can reveal just how trance like a pop keyboard could actually be. Did Eminem think of the lyrics first and then created a magical beat afterwards or are we deceived by how good the musical beat is where Eminem created the beat before the lyrics and was merely more emphatic than others in describing an absurd beat? This is potentially music anti-realism at play! Is the original pop song an accidental form of redemption for America’s invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq by insisting on a hypermasculine vibe? Or perhaps is the classical remix merely a disproof of non-musicians thinking they could ever be as good as a musician where the subjectivity of rap could make us overconfident in thinking we could create the beat ourselves?

https://youtube.com/shorts/Y6TYQTcyBDs?si=iltDJkQtP3djjjRL
    Eminem: The Real Slim Shady on harpsichord (acoustic) # shorts
  • Michael McMahon
    One way an uncanny valley effect might occur might be in how large groups of strangers can interpret modern architecture in unusual ways. So the transparency of glass in a huge glass shopping centre might appear materialistic to some people and invisible to other people. So even if people identify as materialists they might differ in how they perceive materialism. The way others try to be materialistic might mislead others into thinking they’re immaterial to have somehow exceeded their own perception of materialism. For example materialism and science are connected but not the same where someone could identify as a materialist without knowing much science only to become more materialistic than a scientist when science can be open-ended. Similarly people have different physiques where focusing a lot on your walking stride might make you think others who walk faster than you are hyperfocused only that their postures might in fact be unconscious.
  • Michael McMahon
    One way neurons in the brain could be viewed as optical fibres is if each sense from smell to hearing to touch to taste is somehow reducible to light. One way to think of a dream is if our sense of smell is reduced to differentiate the dream from reality. When I thought of this earlier on today I’d a sudden retrieval of repressed visual memories from Croatia and Portugal over two years ago where the different climates had an alternate humidity and scent.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment