• ernestm
    I'm going to go a bit left field and say that the most depressing philosopher is Australian bioethicist Peter Singer; making animals have so many rights that they could get medical treatment ahead of me is a depressing thoughtorcestra

I must agree, my mother decided to live with a vegan poet for a while, who wanted no fences around cattlefields, because cows should be able to walk wherever they want; and he wanted cars cars not to drive faster than 6mph, in case they hit a cow. It was the most depressing experience in my life to walk down the street with him.
  • Sculptor

Nah. Camus embraces the end of the tunnel. In fact he knows there is no tunnel. Knowing you are going to die and the everyone will be dead in 100 year, means that you are free to do as you please.
    Camus is never depressed
  • ernestm
    Camus is never depressedSculptor

That's the most depressing part of Camus, lol.
  • Sculptor
    Camus is life affirming, brutally honest and empowering.
    I fail to see what is depressing about that.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.