• praxis

I think you might be taking the belief in fiction thing a bit too far, in seeing things that aren’t there.
  • christian2017

Perhaps. But i remember reading in the book several times. I'll eventually reread it in the book if it is there.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    What are some things that would be important in this new world wide religion or system of beliefs?christian2017

With transparency and openness being promised by many who are running for office, future religionists, if there are any, and given that atheists and other secular people are opening what could be called Mystery Schools, as they were called in the past, atheist church today, then any religion worthy of the name, and this is directly from god, they will have to think more demographically and sign

The more stupid religions today that are based on lies and hidden things, will have to stop badmouthing the sign of the beast, which is ones position in a given in or on a socio economic demographic pyramid.

With computerization and globalization coming in the relatively near future, people will see that that is the only way to end with a much fairer and peaceful co-existence with everyone.

We will have to get past this, hopefully, our last stupid period in history, where we have pussy grabbers and pedophile protectors for presidents and popes.

Stupid and immoral is as stupid and immoral does.

Regards
    DL
    thats fair.christian2017

I like a man who can discern fairness.

Regards
    DL
  • Josh Alfred
    I regard the values and thoughts of the technocratic thinker Jacque Fresco as what should be taught. I am also a transhumanist, and think that technology, science, and philosophy, should replace the values of religion. I'd say virtual reality has become the new religion for most of the newest generation of sapients.
  • TheMadFool
    Why ''fiction''? Why not something real/true? Does ''fiction'' mean something other than lies or has Noah Harrari realized something we're not privy to which I can only guess as only lies can keep humans from unleashing their baser animal instincts and cause chaos.
  • christian2017

in the book he argues humans work together due to "legal fictions" and fictions. If you have a local library i suggest you atleast read the first 4 chapters or watch one of his youtube videos.
  • TheMadFool
    Thank you for the recommendation but it does seem odd that, if Harrari is a philosopher, defined as love of wisdom which is about truth, he should recommend fiction. Is that all Harrari has discovered, that reality has nothing to offer and so we should invent stuff to ground our being? Perhaps Hararri realizes, right/not, that we can't handle the truth.

Thanks again for recommending the video+book.
  • christian2017

i agree it is an odd concept.
    and think that technology, science, and philosophy, should replace the values of religion.Josh Alfred

To the intelligentsia, wee already have.

Regards
    DL
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal