• Devans99
    … I hesitate to recall it here as I feel it might undermine my credibility on other issues but I will do so anyway:

I was asleep and dreamt of two aliens. They looked pretty much like bog standard culturally embedded greys: big heads, big eyes, small bodies, greyish skin. They said something to me in an alien tongue and then my head started hurting tremendously. I woke up. I suspected later that my mind was effected negatively by the incident. So not much to go on but personally, it remains a very vivid experience and an ongoing influence on my thinking.

There is the Reptoid Hypothesis:

“Icke proposes that an inter-dimensional race of reptilian beings called the Archons have hijacked the earth and are stopping humanity from realising its true potential.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke#Reptoid_hypothesis

It sounds a little far fetched. Icke’s reputation is not encouraging; he is not held in high regard. But it is one theory that fits with the facts of my personal incident.

I wonder what would motivate aliens to lead a hidden life on earth rather than remain on their home planet? It would only need one convincing photo to blow the conspiracy.

It takes 1 year at 1 constant 1G to accelerate to (close to) light speed. Another year to decelerate, so that is a minimum 4 year round trip time for any alien visitors. Unless the aliens have mastered FTL somehow?

Any thoughts / similar experiences?
  • Alan
    Interesting experience you had. Do you feel your potential has decreased somehow since the incident? Have you looked up Fermi's paradox?
  • Devans99
    I felt like I lost something; it hard to explain; my internal dialogue is quieter than I remember it before the incident.

Have you looked up Fermi's paradox?Alan

Interesting. IMO the impracticable nature of interstellar travel explains why we are not overrun with aliens. Related:

'Various UFO conspiracy ideas have flourished on the internet and were frequently featured on Art Bell's program, Coast to Coast AM.[2] According to MUFON, the National Enquirer reported that a survey found 76% of participants felt the government was not revealing all it knew about UFOs, 54% thought UFOs definitely or probably existed, and 32% thought UFOs came from outer space'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_conspiracy_theory

Its quite surprising how much support for a UFO conspiracy there is amongst the general public. Too much watching Men In Black or something else at play?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.