• S
    Well, should it?

Reveal
    Greatest thread ever. I win.
  • Merkwurdichliebe

Awesome!!!

This thread will be monumental, just wait.
  • Shawn
    Wallows in awe...
  • Merkwurdichliebe

You are the one who came up with the idea for this thread, so you get first honors.

So, should this thread be considered?
  • Janus
    You are the one who came up with the idea for this thread, so you get first honors.

So, should this thread be considered?
    Merkwurdichliebe

OK, I guess that's true. Should this thread be considered? I don't know how to begin considering it; so perhaps the question is "can" rather than " should".

(Don't let the Anals in: they'll start rabbiting on about self-reference).

I've always wanted to wallow in awe, but whenever I thought I'd found something it slipped away....
  • Janus
    This thread will be monumental, just wait.Merkwurdichliebe

"Monumental" or monomaniacal?
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    OK, I guess that's true. Should this thread be considered? I don't know how to begin considering it.Janus

So are you saying that it is impossible to consider this thread to begin with?

But is this not in fact considering it?

I don't know ...
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    "Monumental" or monomaniacal?Janus

What's the difference?
  • Janus
    So are you saying that it is impossible to consider this thread to begin with?

But is this not in fact considering it?

I don't know ...
    Merkwurdichliebe

Is it considering it or considering whether to consider it? I don't know either, and I love not knowing.,.

What's the difference?Merkwurdichliebe

I don't know, and I love not knowing... (and I'm not a bot, either!)
  • Janus
    This thread will be monumental, just wait.Merkwurdichliebe

The problem is, this thread is stuck in the lounge, and lounging is not conducive to monumentality.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    I don't know, and I love not knowing... (and I'm not a bot, either!)Janus

Isn't that the ultimate purpose of philosophy, to show ourselves that we know nothing, and that we know nothing in regard to knowing nothing. It is a good thing to be a philosopher and love not knowing.

(Btw, I am a bot)
  • Shawn
    I've always wanted to wallow in awe, but whenever I thought I'd found something it slipped away....Janus

You just kind of wallow in prostration with increased vigour, you know how to I'm sure of it!
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    The problem is, this thread is stuck in the lounge, and lounging is not conducive to monumentality.Janus

Fuck!!!!

Goddamn censorship of insignificant topics.

(ADD. But, I have faith that the best philosophers on TPF will find this thread, and ruin it better than any thread ever published on TPF.)
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    (Don't let the Anals in: they'll start rabbiting on about self-reference).Janus

Lol. Sorry, I am a type of instigator who cannot help himself. To be fair, Bugs Bunny is my greatest influence
  • Janus
    To be fair, Bugs Bunny is my greatest influenceMerkwurdichliebe

I can relate to that: the very idea of an evil rabbit is super-cool.
  • Shawn
    I can relate to that: the very idea of an evil rabbit is super-cool.Janus

Wallows satisfyingly.
  • Janus
    Goddamn censorship of insignificant topics.

(ADD. But, I have faith that the best philosophers on TPF will find this thread, and ruin it better than any thread ever published on TPF.)
    Merkwurdichliebe

I hope with all my heart that it will become a monumental ruin!
  • Janus
    You just kind of wallow in prostration with increased vigour, you know how to I'm sure of it!Wallows

I probably do, but I seem to have forgotten. I need a little of that good ole northern anamnesis!
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    To be fair, Bugs Bunny is my greatest influence
    — Merkwurdichliebe

I can relate to that: the very idea of an evil rabbit is super-cool.
    Janus

We still have to consult the Oracle, but you may be the wisest philosopher on TPF.
  • Shawn
    I probably do, but I seem to have forgotten. I need a little of that good ole northern anamnesis!Janus

Ooo, Plato. Much wallows.

You must wallow steadily, but, with vigor.
  • Merkwurdichliebe

probably do, but I seem to have forgotten. I need a little of that good ole northern anamnesis!Janus

Tell him, he just needs to Wallowsomemore. Patience is the key to Wallowsing
  • Janus
    Because I don't know if I know, or because I know I don't know, or because I think the very idea of an evil rabbit is super cool, or because the very idea of the very idea of an evil rabbit being super cool is satisfying to Wallows, or even simply to wallow in? And so on, ad infinitum...?
  • Shawn
    Tell him, he just needs to Wallowsomemore. Patience is the key to WallowsingMerkwurdichliebe

Oh man, what's a mindphuq to read that in bugs bunny voice.
  • Shawn
    And so on, ad infinitum...?Janus

Yes, ad infinitum. Wallow in grace.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    Because I don't know if I know, or because I know I don't know, or because I think the very idea of an evil rabbit is super cool, or because the very idea of the very idea of an evil rabbit being super cool is satisfying to Wallows, or even simply to wallow in? And so on, ad infinitum...?Janus

Ok. I think we are getting somewhere.

Too bad you shooed off the field mice, they might have had something superfluous to add. Oh well, we'll just have to wonder.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    Yes, ad infinitum. Wallow in grace.Wallows

Even more of a mindphuq when spoken by Bugs. (Yes, we are on a first name basis.)
  • Shawn
    Even more of a mindphuq when spoken by Bugs. (Yes, we are on a first name basis.)Merkwurdichliebe

So, you seem to be walking again, Dr. Strangelove.
  • Sir2u
    Should This Thread Be Considered?

Considered as in, as in being a load of crap.

Considered as in, believed to be a load of crap.

Considered as in, thought of as being a load of crap.

Considered as in, looked upon as a load of crap.

I don't do not know. :chin:
  • S
    "Monumental" or monomaniacal?Janus

Both.
  • Janus
    They can add whatever superfluities or supereffluences they like as long as it is in the form of nicely manageable pellets. Also, as long as they don't start overpopulating this thread with evil self-referential rabbit (or mouse) jokes.

On a different tangent; do you think Mighty Mouse was a greater philosopher than Bugs Bunny? And please don't mention that dopey sap Mickey Mouse (oh shit I just mentioned him!) (I used to have the hots for Minnie when I was a kid, but I'm not a bot or bestial or anything just a sad "phuq" who can't wallow successfully).
  • Janus
    I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with you less!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.