• Shawn
    Sure though, I can always get on meds.THX1138

I think that would be a first good step. Good luck! :up:
  • leo
    Schizophrenia isn't only composed of delusions.Wallows

I never claimed it was, I said feeling bad + delusions is enough to be labeled as schizophrenic.

There are phases in the life of a schizophrenic. Such as prodromal periods, frank psychosis, and eventually a persistent struggle to form an identity.Wallows

In the example where the label of schizophrenic stems from a delusion (that is a specific kind of belief), there are obviously phases in the life of a belief, which has an influence on the life of the person holding it. Not knowing whether to hang onto the belief or not is a struggle to form an identity.

This simply does not follow and I don't even know what you are trying to say here.Wallows

It does follow, you not seeing the logical connection is not my issue.
  • leo
    I was in the middle of writing my responding post when Kippo posted his/her response while mine was underway. Now Kippo, I'm not saying I know you have insight on my activities, cyber, physical local or otherwise, but, my paranoia is urging me to accept you have at least some cyber knowledge of my ongoings, since the coincidence is too convienent. I also get the impression you are both patronizing me and gas lighting me in doing this.THX1138

I do not get the impression at all that he was patronizing you or gaslighting you, I saw him as an individual who expressed sincerely how he felt. The coincidence is not that extraordinary, this thread has turned into a discussion about mental health issues, he identified with it, he replied at the time he did because Wallows had just posted beforehand and so this thread appeared at the top of the forum. Keep in mind that other people have feelings too and that not all their thoughts and feelings revolve around you, just relax mate.

If you are in a situation where you do not feel safe and you feel threatened, that paranoia is a normal defense mechanism. At this point I think the two things that would help you most would be to find some community in which you can feel welcomed so you stop feeling so isolated, and a home so you can feel less unsafe. There must be some social workers who can help you with that.
  • removedmembershiptx
    I do not get the impression at all that he was patronizing you or gaslighting you, I saw him as an individual who expressed sincerely how he felt. The coincidence is not that extraordinary, this thread has turned into a discussion about mental health issues, he identified with it, he replied at the time he did because Wallows had just posted beforehand and so this thread appeared at the top of the forum. Keep in mind that other people have feelings too and that not all their thoughts and feelings revolve around you, just relax mate.

If you are in a situation where you do not feel safe and you feel threatened, that paranoia is a normal defense mechanism. At this point I think the two things that would help you most would be to find some community in which you can feel welcomed so you stop feeling so isolated, and a home so you can feel less unsafe. There must be some social workers who can help you with that.
    leo

Yeah, I agree. I was paranoid and simultaneously, I think Kippo is wondering about his own state of mind. Kippo reached out to me in a PM and by then, I calmed down and realized I made a miscorrelation and apologized. I'm not feeling that paranoid anymore. I hope Kippo will be okay, kinda went MIA in the middle of our PM.
  • removedmembershiptx

Since I'm not getting a response and lashed out earlier, maybe you guys can check up on Kippo, make sure everything is okay. I feel like such a jerk now.
  • leo

He mentioned he's giving up posting on the internet altogether, so I doubt he will see our messages, unless he changes his mind. But he is probably alright, he felt he needed to stop posting on the internet, so you assuming he was gaslighting you might have just comforted him in his decision. And you're probably more thinking about it than he is right now.
  • Kippo
    I'm back & I'm fine. I feel just like THX now.
  • Shawn
    I'm back & I'm fine. I feel just like THX now.Kippo

Kippo! Haha. You are fine. But, I've been having second thoughts myself about restricting where I try and rationalize things about myself. It seems to me, that anywhere else but here is full of negativity and bad responses. Anyway, I've been having second thoughts myself about entirely quitting the internet apart from posting here...

Best regards.
  • Kippo

OMG I'm in the matrix!

I understand now how schizophrenia or something similar could flood a person. It;s like conspiracy theory - to find a denial is merely proof of a deeper conspiracy. There are no limits to the levels!
  • Kippo
    I do sometimes wonder if certain people I unwisely confided in -- whom have implanted in my susceptible greenhouse of a mind the seed of threatening to perpetuate what they personally interpreted from what I shared with them -- are intent on sabotaging the chances of me leading some semblance of a tranquil life in the future. I wonder how realistic it is that they'd be able to achieve this and why they seem so motivated to.THX1138

This is something that affects me too. It is quite possible in the age of mobile phones to be harrassed and observed, and for your reputation to be trashed.
  • Kippo
    That was a big whine made while running on absolute full frazzle.

Anyhow, I've got a new perspective on matters. and I can improve further I hope.

It was indeed complicated to fathom , but I accept this new perspective. Good will come of it.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.