• I like sushi
    The concept of God is, roughly speaking, the idea of some “metaphysical” and/or “overarching” being. The concept is of something inherently unfathomable, an “entity” impossible to objectively define.

So how does this concept “profit” anyone and why is it such a pervasive and powerful force for many - indirectly or otherwise?

This is something I think I can explain superficially. The very concept - and belief in - such an item of thought is that it allows the individual to regard themselves as insignificant, as a mote in a storm, yet also equips them with an overarching concept of “betterment” that anchor them to their future self rather than seeing their life as written out for them fully and their words and actions as ineffectual and/or mute. The underlying principle of this is the individual in question is left with responsibility yet they’re also left without a map with which to find their way; their way being the creation of the map (the concept of “God” summed up roughly here as “Being as Creation of a Future Map” NOT a slave to time and causality - a life of effectual thought rather than a life “played as a role”).

This profit gained from this concept is of great benefit in imagining a future self, a life for others, and a life of imagining something “better”.

The problems arise with those treated/framed as “Prophets”. The profit of the prophet is something I believe has caused tremendous damage. Strides have been made to claim the “God” concept as a means to create a “Righteous” life model - to layout a Map for all without accounting for the Map, or rather its creation, as the fundamental profit of the “God” concept! How this has happened is not overly puzzling, yet how it has continued I can only explain as being through the institutionalisation of the “God” concept into a “religious” apparatus to serve in a one size fits all misinterpretation.

The righteous who parrot the message of others don’t understand that messages are messages (“prophet” literally means “messenger”). To mistake the “messengers” as representatives of the “God” concept is a futile and danger road. What is more it doesn’t a great deal of thought to see that any claim of a “true God” - true concept - is contradictory if the “God” concept is appreciated as submission to an “overarching being,” because what is overarching cannot be comprehended and the foundation of “God” concept is the mystery, is the unknown, and the unknowable; being a concept set up to outline the non-conceptual (which is likely where the confusion stems from).

I’ve tried to keep this brief so please as fro clarification on these thoughts where they seem sketchy and/or argue against them anywhere you can.

Thanks
  • hachit
    “entity” impossible to objectively define.

Because I this is monotheism, and your "g" was up case your talking about the Christians God, wich has a definition. "The best thing you can imagine but better"

unfathomable, yes.
    impossible to objectively define, no.

Yes, God warns about false prophets and they can do harm if believed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment