• Eros1982
    Hello,

My BA was not in Philosophy, but I received an MA in Political Science and a second MA in Philosophy. I am not sure what I want to do in my life (I am almost deaf and have turned 36 now... having spent many years in university and in creative projects as well), but two or three times I failed to get admitted to PHD programs (in the US and EU) and I am suspecting that something was really wrong in my statement of purpose. There might have been other factors in my failure, I do not doubt that, but the last time I sent my statement to a school in EU, I think it was not wise on my part to mention my interests on various philosophical topics, instead of focusing on a philosophical problem that allegedly has plagued me.

I have some publications on my resume (in English and Albanian), I speak four languages, my GPA from my BA is 3.94, from my first MA 3.7 and from the second MA 3.5. My GRE is around 550 (I took it eight years ago).

As I said, I can't tell exactly what the admissions committees didn't like in my application, but I really need some advice on how to make my statement persuasive.

Thank you so much.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet